Beginning of My DIY Beauty Journey

 Well, long long time since my last blog post which was in 2019, eek! I have just found that over time although I still enjoy makeup, and skincare is a must, I have had no desire to share makeup posts. To be honest, at the age of 47 I no longer feel that I am as confident about sharing so many face-of-the-day selfies, and skincare doesn't seem to wow me as much now that I have so many signs of aging (I am a frugal gal who prefers more budget friendly buys). Don't get me wrong, I want to age gracefully, I don't need to look decades younger I just want to look good for my age.

The following photos are without makeup or filter and show the many signs of aging I have.




There are so many procedures I would like to have done to tighten my skin, lessen wrinkles, help my aging under eye area and don't get me started on my neck....and so on! But I have one thing that prevents me from doing these things and that's my bank balance which just doesn't have the funds to cough up the big bucks needed to cover the ongoing costs of maintaining these procedures.

After doing some research I stumbled upon some beauty DIYers and figured I could possibly begin this exciting (to me) journey myself. It didn't look so difficult, so I purchased what interested me most and that's lifting threads, starting with the more beginner friendly PDO mono threads. 

Well, my courage soon started to wane once I had some threads in my less-than-steady hands. The thought of placing a 6cm needle with thread into the top layer of my skin was a lot more daunting than I had expected. These are not the ideal length for a beginner to use, but I had rashly bought this length and the 13 mm length which are also not beginner friendly (rolls eyes) before I had learnt that the easiest length is 25mm because it is not too long to insert but long enough to lay easily into the skin without sliding back out with the needle. Instead of diving headfirst and inserting into my facial skin, I began by trialling on my chest. It wasn't a simple procedure, but easier and less painful than I was expecting. I still didn't think I was ready for my face so inserted the smaller 13mm lengths into my stomach. 

I have some other products on their way to try and will endeavour to detail each DIY procedure I attempt on myself so you can follow me and see my fails as well as my wins. Stay tuned for my next post because I will share some more information about threads. 

For more content and to stay up-to-date feel free to follow me on Instagram @indie_ana1




*Please note that I am not a doctor, nurse or aesthetician. Anything shared is not for educational purposes but to document my own experience for future reference.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Simple Hydrating Cleansing Oil

New Year's Resolution: A Giveaway!

BH Cosmetics Carli Bybel Deluxe Palette and Giveaway