NOTD- Rainbow Ice-cream

I have attempted water marbling many times, and failed miserably. I've watched a few youtube tutorials to on water marbling and came across a tutorial that didn't require water. I had to try it.





I wanted something subtle, yet opaque as a base colour. So after applying Orly Bonder base coat, I applied 2 coats of NYC Lolly Pop. A nice frosted muted pink, that is a nice soft look that is not too loud when gaps are visible between the marbled colours.
My next step was to apply large dots of colour from my nail art polishes on various parts of my nail, doing one nail at a time. I chose purple, candy pink and a shimmery green to achieve this.
Before the nail polish dried, I used a cuticle stick to swirl the colours. I found that the thicker formula of the nail art polishes make it easier to work with because they are opaque and don't dry too quickly.
I finished my nails with Seche Vite top coat, to not only seal my nail look, but to also fill any unevenness caused by swirling.
I really want to experiment with different colours, and hopefully with more practice, I'll be able to refine this method. I think it's a fun look, with so many possibilities :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Simple Hydrating Cleansing Oil

BH Cosmetics Carli Bybel Deluxe Palette and Giveaway

New Year's Resolution: A Giveaway!