Friday, 20 January 2017

Makeup Revolution I Heart Chocolate

If I can buy I dupe for less than the original, I'm all over it. Budget UK brand Makeup Revolution is known for their Too Faced Chocolate Bar dupes with the I Heart Makeup eye shadow palettes. The original Chocolate Bar is a cult favourite and MR has duped it with the palette I <3 Chocolate.


I love that melted chocolate bar packaging. A large factor in my wanting this palette.




The following swatches were done with my finger on bare skin.







I don't have the Too Faced palette to compare, but after seeing many swatches online, I believe the shades are very similar.






Look 1





Look 2


 


Look 3

Above are 3 looks that I created with the palette. I found that the shimmer shades don't translate on the lid as well as when swatched. They're nice, but needed some building up to get good coverage. I found the mattes lovely to use. Usually with budget palettes like this one the shimmers are fantastic, but the mattes are average. Quite the opposite in this case. A cream shadow base like a Maybelline Color Tattoo would probably make a world of difference, something I don't like to do during testing for reviewing purposes, but I'll try in future.

Overall, the I Heart Chocolate palette is decent, not my favourite, but it is certainly workable and I am happy to have it in my collection.


Have you tried anything from Makeup Revolution?





2 comments:

  1. I've been so curious about this palette! I've heard it is very similar to the Too Faced, but a fraction of the cost, so I've bee intrigued. The swatches look really good though!

    Laura || www.thelifeoflaura.com.au xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The palette swatched really well, some weren't so great with a brush, but I wouldn't say it's a bad palette. The mattes were standout for me. For the price point, I like it

      Delete