Dealing With Bruising

 I am now more surprised if I don't bruise when doing procedures on myself. Not so often from injectables because the mapping I use avoids bruising, but inserting threads often leads to bleeding under the skin as I am still learning my facial anatomy. Normally I let bruises heal on their own, but my under eyes are an area I really hate getting them. They take longer to disappear for me and often are darker than other areas of my face. 

After my recent mishap after inserting threads in my under eye area I was on the hunt for something to reduce the terrible bruising I had caused. I began with applying magnesium oil, lavander oil and arnica cream as well as using an ice roller at various intervals of the day. This worked well for reducing the swelling, but not so much for the terrible bruising.

I follow a few DIY beauty facebook groups and there are many remedies that people use for their bruising. Arnica and icing is popular, but what many swear by is flushing the bruise with sterile saline (or a hydrating injectable). I was willing to give it a try.

It's important to not inject on the bruise but into it, injecting the needle just under the skin flooding the bruise with saline. 

I saw an immediate improvement, the colour lightening before my eyes in small areas. The next day when I was doing a Miracle Touch BR treatment, I flushed the under eye area, which reduced the bruising slightly. But it was the following day that flushing with sterile saline once again I saw the most improvement. A week after the threads now looked like it had been healing for a longer time. I was impressed and waxed lyrical to my husband, who didn't want me to put anything near my eyes ever again. You see, my lovely hubby doesn't think I need to do these procedures, but now I just can't stop, lol.

Two weeks later I still have some discolouration, but it's so much better than I could have imagined. I'm assuming what's left is the dreaded tyndall effect that can cause discolouration to last for months, unfortunately. Hopefully I don't have to do this again, but I do want to insert 20 PCL threads under my left eye to match the ones I inserted under my right. Yes, I am very hesitant to do this, but I hate the thought of only one side being done. Fingers crossed I don't bruise, but at least I now know what to do in the event that I do.

Check out my Link.Tree for socials and affiliates :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Simple Hydrating Cleansing Oil

New Year's Resolution: A Giveaway!

BH Cosmetics Carli Bybel Deluxe Palette and Giveaway