Flaming Orange Nails

On my nails, I wanted sparkles, and I wanted colour. Well, I certainly got both with this nail look :)





I started with a coat of Orly Bonder, my must have base coat. After having nail polish last almost chip free for almost a week, instead of a couple of days (if that!) It is totally worth including this step when applying nail polish.
For the base colour, I chose Rimmel Play Fast nail polish in Mouthy, a golden orange. It applied on the sheer side, so it took 3 coats for a coverage that I was content with.
For the sparkle element of this look, I used Femme Fatale Tricky Treat from the Halloween collection (a review of my latest Femme Fatale purchase will follow in the not-too-distant future). This polish contains orange, fuchsia and dark glitter, there are also lengths of gold. To achieve plenty of sparkle, I had to apply 4 coats. I love the finish of this polish, the only con is that some of the gold strips come away from my nail, however, gently pulling at it to remove hasn't affected the rest of my nail look.
Lastly, is my much loved Seche Vite. It seals the nail, giving it an extra glossy look, and drying quickly in the process.

 My nails ended up with many coats of nail polish. However, I think the finished result was worth it. Unfortunately, the pics don't show just how sparkley my nails looked..

Comments

  1. I am loving these nails, Mich! It's perfect for Halloween, as well as being really trendy for every day use!

    Do let me know if the glitter was hard to remove!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks hun..oh, removal took some time, lol. I found the best way to do it was soaking cotton pads in polish remover, then leaving on my nails for quite some time before trying to remove the polish :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Simple Hydrating Cleansing Oil

BH Cosmetics Carli Bybel Deluxe Palette and Giveaway

New Year's Resolution: A Giveaway!