Touch Up Using Toxta

 Having never had Botox in office before I was surprised that sometimes a touch up of botulinum toxin needs to be done 2 weeks after the procedure. I knew this was certainly going to be the case for me because I was very light-handed in the amounts of Toxta I initially had injected. If you haven't seen it, you can check out that post here.

When I retrieved the syringes that I had filled with pre-mixed Toxta that I had placed in the freezer, I came upon a problem. One of the syringes had no product. I assume something had happened to it during our move. I didn't want to open a fresh vial of product so opted to just work with the few units I had in the remaining syringe. At the end of the day, I'm still trying to learn what injection points best work for me so at this stage I think using less amounts is the better option anyway, it's good practice.

I am content with the area between my brows, typically where the 11 lines are. There's movement which is good because I don't want to be completely frozen. Where I felt I needed help with is my lower forehead lines and corrugators which are the muscles which pull to create a frown. Also I wanted to target the Orbicularis Occuli or the muscle that creates wrinkles around the eyes. I am not looking to completely freeze that area, either, just reduce the lines.

Keeping in mind the area above the brows that shouldn't be injected to prevent dropping, I opted to just treat above the outside of the brows where the creasing of my forehead begins. On further investigation, this can't do much without treating the middle areas of the forehead, something I will keep in mind for next time. I carefully treated the corrugators avoiding the no-fly zone. I also treated my eye area, pretty much around the orbital bone with more superficial injections.

Not sure how much difference I will notice as I only injected 2 units per site. I will keep you updated :)


Indie10 saves you 10% at CelestaPro


*Please note that I am not a doctor, nurse or aesthetician. Anything shared is not for educational purposes but to document my own experience for future reference.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Simple Hydrating Cleansing Oil

New Year's Resolution: A Giveaway!

BH Cosmetics Carli Bybel Deluxe Palette and Giveaway