First Time Trying Toxta

 One of the 1st products I bought from South Korean website, AceCosm was Toxta. This is a botulinum toxin and seems to be a favourite among beauty DIYers for its effectiveness. I shelved the product (in the fridge) intimidated by the thought of injecting into my own skin.

After reading articles and watching many videos, I decided to just be brave and do it. Well, believe you me, I was wracked with nerves at the thought of messing up. It's not dangerous per se, but a dropped brow or lid ptosis for up to 3 months is not ideal.

As a novice I was not ready to inject in the bottom half of my face so mapped out my forehead, brow and eye area making sure to mark my "no-fly zone". It's important not to inject the area in the lid space above the iris of the eye to at least 1 cm above the brow. I look like a crazy person, but you can see this area marked in my video. If injected in this area, there's a high chance of dropping the brow.


To be expected it's a good idea to get to know the anatomy of the face, particularily the muscles.

The muscles I wanted to treat being the frontalis for forehead creases, corrugators which can bring the brows down with age and cause verticle lines like the 11s, procerus muscle for horizontal lines between brows and orbicularis oculi that can cause crows feet.



As a beginner, I injected 2 units into each point using a total of 46 units, so almost half of the amount of botulinum toxin in the vial. Toxta needs to be reconstituted. The standard amount of injectable saline to be added is 2.5 ml. This can be done by drawing up the saline with a syringe and injecting into the vial. I mixed by rolling the vial around, as it's advised not to shake.

 I used a syringe with 31 gauge x 8mm needle to inject the Toxta. I felt no pain and the thin solution was easy to inject...when my hand was steady, lol. 

It can take up to 2 weeks for the botulinum toxin to take full effect and this is a good time to assess and add more as needed. Being that I was quite conservative with amounts I injected, I assume I will want to inject some more. I will be sure to update.

*Please note that I am not a doctor, nurse or aesthetician. Anything shared is not for educational purposes but to document my own experience for future reference.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Simple Hydrating Cleansing Oil

New Year's Resolution: A Giveaway!

BH Cosmetics Carli Bybel Deluxe Palette and Giveaway