To Repurchase Or Not To Repurchase- Avibon Retinol Palmitate

As I am noticing more and more signs of ageing, anti-ageing skincare has become very important to me. I've always considered vitamin A, or retinol, to be a key active ingredient to address various skin concerns. I did try prescription product Retin-A, but I hated how it made my skin itchy and flaky. Something I had not experienced before to that degree, I've only had to deal with the opposite problem, oily skin. I always considered this to be a terrible concern to try and combat, but seriously, dry, itchy, flaky skin really is the pits!
Anyway, my hunt for a retinol based product that my skin was less likely to react to, brought me to a product from French brand, Avibon.


I purchased Retinol Palmitate from ebay, blindly, as although I researched product reviews, I did not actually look for a list of ingredients...Vitamin A was enough to tempt me! Had I known that it was suspended in lanolin and, essentially, vaseline, I would not have bought it.
The product comes in a medicinal type 30g tube. The consistency is thick, I mean really thick, yes like vaseline. The scent is masked by a rose type fragrance, yet I can still smell that distinct petroleum based scent, which I find somewhat off-putting, to be honest.
Anyway, not one to throw a product away without trying, I still applied it. Only the tiniest bit is needed. I made the mistake of trying to apply a small dollop, and it took forever to absorb into my skin. I hated the sticky feel. I discovered the best way to apply this night pommade, was to warm a little bit, by rubbing between my palms. It's easier to add a little more if needed.
Would I repurchase? No. Unfortunately, my skin became congested after a few days use, and to be honest, I didn't feel comfortable using these ingredients on my skin. It's weird because I had read so many glowing reviews, including those with acne prone skin. Oh well, it looks like I will be looking for another retinol based product, making sure I know the ingredients list in advance!

Comments

  1. Oh no IndieAna :( what a shame. It doesn't sound like a very nice product at all. Every con you've described are the things I avoid in skin care. Thanks for sharing this info. I'll be sure to avoid this product if I ever see it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I was so disappointed. I was expecting so much, especially after the rave reviews that I had read. Oh well, not every product is going to work for everyone.

      Delete
  2. Have you tried ASAP Super A serum? I love my ASAP skin care. The Super A serum is the only one I haven't tried cos I seem to be very sensitive to products containing retinol. But I love the Super B & C serums.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have not tried any products from the ASAP range. Gosh, I'd love to try all 3 serums that you mentioned, Rose. Thanks, hun :)

      Delete
  3. Our trained chemists work on custom projects designed specifically for the needs of each client. Retinol palmitate

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Simple Hydrating Cleansing Oil

BH Cosmetics Carli Bybel Deluxe Palette and Giveaway

New Year's Resolution: A Giveaway!