NOTD- Matte or Glossy?

I purchased Sally Hansen "Big Matte Top Coat" during my last visit to Priceline. Matte isn't a finish that I crave all that often, but its nice to have the option of using it. Of course I had to use it for a nail look.

The 2 base colours that I used were Orly "Liquid Vinyl" and Maybelline Express Finish "Tasseled Taupe" Once dry after 2 coats, I applied the matte top coat. Using a stamping plate design, I began using the same polishes, but on the other colour. So Liquid Vinyl on Tasseled Taupe, and vice versa. Tasseled Taupe turned out to not have the opaque finish needed to show up as a stamp colour, so I used MUD "Tease Me".





Although, I was content with the matte finish, I went ahead and applied Seche Vite top coat to change to a glossy look.






What a difference the glossy finish makes. I prefer this one to the matte finish. I find that the design appears more defined. 

Which one do you prefer?

Comments

  1. Definitely the glossy one for me indie, but hey I'm a gloss fiend from way back ha ha. LOVE the design hon, so glad you capture your wonderful creations for us all to enjoy ♡ More please, and lots!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks hun. I just love attempting nail art, and am all too happy to share :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Simple Hydrating Cleansing Oil

BH Cosmetics Carli Bybel Deluxe Palette and Giveaway

New Year's Resolution: A Giveaway!