Thursday, 20 August 2015

Lipstick Love- Australis Velourlips "Bar-tha-lona"

Do you know just how long I've wanted to try Australis Velourlips?? It had been on my wishlist for so long, but I was on a low-buy that sadly included lip products. Well, that's over, shouldn't be, but it is, and I finally have some Velourlips!! I purchased one, but "Bar-tha-lona" was a shade that I was lucky enough to win, thanks to beauty blogger Christina of Lovethatlippie.


The Velourlips is a cream formula.



Seriously, that vibrant colour!! As you can see from the lip swatches, it does dry to a matte finish. Matte lips generally mean longer lasting lip colour, but also dryness. However, I don't find this liquid lipstick too uncomfortable.

As with any long wearing lipstick, I would suggest exfoliating your lips before hand, just to create a smoother surface. Especially if you have dry lips like I do. I can imagine that this liquid lipstick would not look pretty on chapped lips!

I did find the shade remained sticky for some time, but eventually it dried to a no-transfer lip product. Bar-tha-lona lasted the day, without need for any touch ups. 

Love the shade, love the finish, adore the lipstick!










4 comments:

  1. Wowsers!!!!! You gorgeous thing!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love Velourlips! Haven't got Barthelona but have admired it from afar!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely would like to buy more! xx

      Delete