Re EGF Repair Serum

Discount online stores such as Catch of the Day and Ozsale always tempt me with their various offers. My last Catch of the Day purchase consisted of some serums from Re, a brand I actually had never heard of before. Thankfully among the product photos, there was one of the packaging where the ingredients are listed. I chose to try the EGF Repair serum first.

Taken from Catch of the Day- "Experience rapid skin rejuvenation with this high performance repair serum. The advanced formula is enriched with EGF (Epidermal Growth Factor) to promote cell regeneration, reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. With daily use, it helps to smooth skin texture, fade out acne scars and pockmarks."

In fact, the serums are still available at $19.98 for 2.


The serum comes in a 30 ml bottle. Dark in colour to protect the integrity of the product.


This photo shows the holographic nature of the label, changing in colour depending on where the light hits it. Ok, it's not important but it is certainly eye catching.


Delivery of product is achieved with a dropper. I would prefer a pump-top dispenser and will consider depotting the serum in the near future.

The serum is on the thicker side, almost as dense as an oil. It has a non-descript scent having no added fragrance which I much prefer in a skincare product.

After using this serum for a couple of weeks, I seemed to have found my sweet spot with application amount. I use 2 drops each for face and neck.

I apply after toning and it smooths across the skin beautifully. My skin absorbs the serum rather quickly, leaving no residue or tackiness.

I have not experienced any adverse reactions on my combination skin. 

I haven't been using the serum long enough to notice any visible benefits to my skin, but I am enjoying the hydration this provides so am happy to continue using. 

I am hoping that the Epidermal Growth Factors do a number on my acne scarring. They're not  overly noticeable or deep, but I do have some pock scarring after a cystic acne breakout I had when I was in my early 30s.

Do you use a serum? What's your current fave?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Simple Hydrating Cleansing Oil

BH Cosmetics Carli Bybel Deluxe Palette and Giveaway

New Year's Resolution: A Giveaway!