Maybelline Tattoo Brow Gel Tint

I was fortunate enough to be selected to trial the Maybelline Tattoo Brow Gel Tint thanks to the generous team at Beauty Heaven. I have seen the Korean versions of this product and was very interested to see how well they perform.



Taken from Maybelline Australia- "Get brows that wow with Maybelline's Brow Tattoo. Draw it, tint it, peel it, that's it!"

The brow gel is packaged in a small 5 ml tube. It has a screw top lid with brush tipped wand for application.

The scent of this product reminds me of a typical mascara smell. A little chemical, but not at all overpowering, I actually only noticed it when I consciously gave the tube a sniff.

It has a thick gel consistency.



I found the fine brush a great size for applying the product. I simply brushed it on following the shape of my brow. I took my time, but did not feel the need to be slow to be precise as I found the consistency to be perfect. There was no need to worry about product caking on the brows or being too runny to stay in place.

I was looking forward to using this brow product, because as you can see from the photo, I have somewhat unruly brows that are sparse in some areas.


I have the shade Medium Brown which applies almost black. A little bit scary, lol. I left the product on for around an hour before peeling off. Being on the heavy handed side is a good thing, because it peels off much easier. Too light of an application and it just doesn't dry in one piece.


I must say that I was surprised at how much lighter the result was compared to the initial application. I was relieved, however, I was not excited about the warm tone. It looked ok, but I would much prefer a cool toned brow. This was my fault, because I chose the shade.



Day 2 and there was some fading and the warmth was more apparent. I didn't feel the need to apply my regular brow pencil, though.


By day 4 there were only patches of the tint left. It was an orange colour that had appeared to have smudged, which I would imagine had happened during my skincare routine.

Verdict? I have a love hate relationship with the Maybelline Brow Tint Gel. It indeed does help to fill in the brows and does last for a few days. However, I have to be conscious of my brows when using skincare products, because if I'm not careful I will likely cleanse the tint away. 

As I mentioned, the tint does last on me for 3-4 days, but it fades considerably on me each day. Another con could be the time that the gel needs to be on the brows, at least for me, around an hour which is a long time if you're rushed for time. However, this gel can be applied the night before then peeled off the next day.

It's an interesting product that I've enjoyed playing with, but if I'm honest, I'm not sure it's a must have for me.







I have added this blog post to Ingrid's Monday Makeup Madness Link-Up Party

Comments

  1. What an interesting product! If they had a cool-toned shade it would be even better and perhaps you would like it more x

    www.beautyfromkatie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is a cool toned brown, but it's very dark. I could give it a go, though xx

      Delete
  2. What a cool concept. Too bad it fades so quickly though. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's fun to play with, but it really only takes me a couple of minutes to do my brows with a pencil, so it's not really something I'd bother with often xx

      Delete
  3. Fascinating Indie! I declined this trial as they said it was best for brunettes, and as I usually buy the lightest palest blonde brow products available, I knew it wasn't for me. Still, I like the idea of not having to start from scratch every day xxx xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The lightest one would most likely turn orange on you, Kat. Probably not the desired colour for your brows, lol xx

      Delete
  4. wow this is such an interesting product! I haven't ever seen it but it reminds me of a K beauty one I've seen. I've nominated you for the blogger recognition award https://www.brynnieblogs.com/single-post/2017/07/28/Blogger-Recognition-Post xx Brynn

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't think I would like this. I haven't heard about this one. Waiting 1 hour would drive me crazy, and it doesn't last too long. http://www.mrsqbeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really want to to try this! Or any brow tint gel like this. I feel as though the warm tone would throw me off though. I have quite ashy brown hair so it might make my eyebrows look 'red'.

    Felicia // www.thebeautyandthegeekau.coom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was my issue, but there is a cool brown option that might be worth trying xx

      Delete
  7. What a unique product! I think it would be fun to play around with on the weekend maybe, when there's more time. Thanks for the review!

    Di from Max The Unicorn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did enjoy trialing this brow tint, but its not something I could bother adding to my makeup routine xx

      Delete
  8. I tried this too and loved. I was extremely surprised how well it worked, a pity it only lasts a couple of days though but it definitely saves me time in the morning doing my brows.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you like it! I just wish it didn't fade to the orange colour. I will have to try the darkest shade, I think xx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Simple Hydrating Cleansing Oil

BH Cosmetics Carli Bybel Deluxe Palette and Giveaway

Love Potion Perfume 2017 Spring Collection and Giveaway