It's been a long time since I completed any kind of blogger Tag. After a quick search on google I come across the 30 Beauty Questions Tag.
1. Do you remember your first makeup item?
I'm pretty sure it was some Mary Kay makeup I bought at a friend's makeup party. Eye shadow and foundation.
2. Describe your perfect mascara. Have you found one that fits your specifications? I really like tubing mascaras. My favourite would be the Poni Cosmetics White Knight mascara. No smudging and provides both length and volume.
3.What kind of coverage to you prefer from foundation? I like a full coverage velvety finish. However, since hitting my 40s, I'm starting to find that it can settle into fine lines and and has the potential of looking cakey. I'm thinking that BB cream now looks best on my skin.
4. Favourite high end brand? Probably Urban Decay. Though I've only ever tried their eye shadow palettes.
5. What cosmetic brands have you always wanted to try but still haven't? Oh, there's so many that I want to try! Tarte, Juvia's Place, Dose of Colors, Ofra, Jouer, It Cosmetics, to name a few.
6. Favourite drugstore brand? I would have to say Maybelline. The products I have tried are good and I am always looking forward to seeing what they are going to release next.
7. Do you wear fake lashes? I love the look of false lashes. After a few attempts, I still can't get the hang of applying them, sadly.
8. Is there any kind of makeup you can't leave the house without? Not really, I leave the house without makeup quite often.
9. What is your most cherished beauty product? I love makeup, but I don't really get emotionally connected to anything. I could easily give it all away and start again, if I had the money. Oh, the fun I would have rebuilding my collection!
10. How often do you shop for makeup? Do you like to pick up an item here and there or get lots of goodies at once? I try not to buy too often, but when I do, I like to haul quite a few items at once.
11. Do you have a beauty budget? Or do you spend freely? I don't have a set budget for makeup. In saying that, I do have to watch what I spend.
12. Do you utilize coupons, rewards cards and sales when you shop for makeup? I generally only buy makeup during a sale.
13. What type of products do you buy the most of? Definitely eye shadows, specifically palettes.
14. Is there a brand that you absolutely can't stand? Every brand I have tried has good and not-so-good products, I can't recall ever disliking a brand as a whole.
15. Do you have a favourite place to shop for makeup? In store, I like to shop for makeup at Priceline. I mostly shop online, though.
16. Do you like trying new skincare products or do you keep a certain routine? I would love a simple skincare routine, but I enjoy trying new products too much.
17. Favourite bath and body brand? I don't get excited by bath and body products, to be honest. I generally just buy whatever is on sale.
18. If you could only buy from one brand, which brand would you choose? Oh, I really can't answer that. Next question!
19. What brand do you think has the best packaging? I love Benefit's adorable packaging. I think Kat Von D rocks her packaging.
20. Which celebrity always has great makeup? I really am not one to follow makeup of celebrities. I assume that in most cases, they have not applied their own makeup anyway.
21. Do you belong to any online makeup communities? Yes, Beauty Heaven. An awesome resource of all things beauty related, including reviews. But, what I love most is the forum, where like-minded members can interact with each other. I have "met" some amazing women on this website.
22. Favourite beauty gurus? I love Hailey and Kat from Beauty News, I also follow their individual channels.
23. Do you like multi functional products like lip and cheek stains? I do find that multi functional products can make life easier.
24. Are you clumsy in putting on makeup? After all these years I still struggle with winged eye liner and getting both eyes even.
25. Do you use makeup base/primer for the eyes? If I'm not using an actual eye primer, I'm using a cream shadow as a base like Maybelline Color Tattoos for example. I do sometimes wear a makeup primer, but the Sunsense Sunscreen I am using currently negates the need for one.
26. How many hair products do you use on a typical day? I either use a hair oil or hair mist daily, but I don't use styling products.
27. What do you apply first, concealer or foundation? I apply a colour corrector, foundation then concealer.
28. Do you ever consider taking makeup classes? In the past I was interested in makeup classes, but the desire is gone now. They would come in handy, but I just enjoy playing with makeup, I'm no longer worried about perfecting the art.
29. Lip Gloss or Lipstick? I don't hate lip gloss, but I much prefer a lipstick.
30. What do you love about makeup? I love the routine of applying makeup, I find it a calming process. I also love being creative, trying different techniques and colour combinations. A confidence boost resulting from wearing makeup doesn't hurt.
I am not going to single anyone out, so I tag everyone! If you do the 30 Beauty Questions Tag please leave me a link to your post, I'd love to check out your answers.