August Empties 2017

Another month another empties post. You guys know the drill. 


This past month I seem to be decluttering much more than I finished.


I'll begin with these Alpha H travel sized products.

Triple Action Cleanser- A gel cleanser that works to balance skin without drying it out.
Repurchase? A great cleanser, but I now prefer cream cleansers. This one would have been fantastic when I was in my teens/early twenties.

Micro Cleanse Super Scrub- A scrub formulated to exfoliate skin both chemically and physically. This is such a gentle exfoliator, the jojoba beads have no sharp edges, so they just glide over the skin as you massage over the skin.
Repurchase? I prefer a more abrasive scrub to get rid of all those dead skin cells.

Balancing and Pore Refining Mask- A clay mask that deep cleanses pores, whilst having properties that also soothe skin.
Repurchase? A decent mask, but with my current stockpile of facial masks, I really am not in the market for another.

Balancing Moisturiser- A light-weight moisturiser that gently exfoliates the skin.
Repurchase? I would consider this moisturiser in future (too many that need using up at the moment!). Being so light, it would make for a perfect summer cream.

                                 

Re BFGF Serum- An anti-aging serum I bought from Ozsale to target fine lines and skin damage caused by the sun, aging and stress.
Repurchase? I actually am now using my back-up, but I'm not sure I would try and seek this serum out. It's nice and hydrating, but I'm not sure it's doing a lot for my skin, especially considering the huge claims.

Swisse Hibiscus Anti-Aging Night Cream- A rich night cream that targets aging skin.
Repurchase? I have a back-up and would definitely buy this cream again in the future. I enjoy a rich moisturiser at night. This delivers without being too heavy. My skin still feels hydrated the next morning. I love it!

Skinn Crease Release Eye Serum- As the name suggests, this cream is supposed to smooth out crows feet.
Repurchase? I am not keen on the silicone like feel of this eye serum. Once it is absorbed it just doesn't feel hydrating enough around my delicate eye area.

Skinn Reorganize Night Eye Balm- This is a very thick, rich eye balm. I apply at night and it holds in the moisture, not fully absorbing before I go to sleep.
Repurchase? I love this eye balm! I already have another and will most likely be purchasing again. The jar is quite small, but it lasts for a long time, because only a very small amount is needed.


Sadly I am decluttering my House Of Beauty lip hybrids. They are like a gloss, but are extremely pigmented. They have a 6 month shelf life and I've had them for at least 3 years, eek. Time to go, what a waste! It makes me realise just how smarter I have to be with my makeup shopping. The Pur Vixen mascara also has to go, it is beginning to dry out and is getting clumpy.

Thanks for reading xx



Comments

  1. great post! :)
    follow for follow? let me know on my blog <3

    Starshine Beauty ★

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did a bit of de-cluttering too during July & August, getting rid of some Bite Beauty lipsticks I've had for about 3 years & have expired (I was using them until 1 of them gave me a cold sore) + some other things. I too have got to be more mindful of what I buy, more so in the makeup department since I rarely use the stuff.

    Shell // The Novice Life

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankfully my most hoarded products which are eye shadows seem to last for years xx

      Delete
  3. I totally hear you about keeping products way past their due date. I had to clean out a few tarte lip stains I've been holding onto for a few years. Great post! xo, Ellese

    Rock.Paper.Glam.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The eye balm sounds really good, I could do with something a bit more thick for the night x

    Velvet Blush

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I get really dehydrated and crepe-y under the eyes and this eye balm has been fabulous xx

      Delete
  5. I've had some products for a few years even though they meant to only last a few months haha! I should too be more careful with my purchase!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm bad for keeping makeup too long, but I thought I should attempt to not hold onto products for so long, lol xx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Simple Hydrating Cleansing Oil

BH Cosmetics Carli Bybel Deluxe Palette and Giveaway

Love Potion Perfume 2017 Spring Collection and Giveaway