Confessions of a Panner

If you are a regular reader, you would be aware of my focus on finishing makeup products this year. My 2 panning projects being "Pan that Palette" where I have been trying to finish an 88 eye shadow palette, and a rolling 5 pan, which entails adding new products as I finish any of the 5 products in the project.

As the end of the year is fast approaching, I thought I would write a fun little post on some "confessions" I must make as an active panner trying hard to finish those products.




*I apply a full face of makeup even when I have no plans to go anywhere. To be fair, even before panning, I would get shopping out of the way after dropping the kids off at school, then come home and apply makeup, just for the enjoyment of it and having a play. By waiting until I have no where to go, I can use bright colours I would not feel comfortable to wear out in my little country town.

*I make sure to include that pop of inner eye highlight, brow bone highlight along with the cheekbones, to get as much use out of a highlighter or eye shadow as I possibly can.

*When it comes to lip products, I don't just line my lips, but fill them in too with the liner. I need to make that lipstick last for hours even though I plan to reapply it during the day. Speaking of which, sometimes lipstick and gloss needs to be reapplied even though I plan to remove my makeup in the next 30 minutes.



*Panning such a huge palette I learnt that I could use the eye shadows as highlighter and blush which helped me get through shades "quicker". My makeup routine now also includes setting that black eyeliner with the black eye shadow that just never wants to quit. I know some "beauty gurus" like to set their eyeliner, but I've never needed to in the past.

*When applying eye shadow, I really load that brush up then load some more, which leads me to tapping off the excess. No one wants fallout, right? Of course, I need that extra few pats of eye shadow on the lid to really make the colour "pop", which means loading that brush up again and yep, tapping off the excess. So now I have as much eye shadow to wipe off my palette as what I have on my lids.

Thanks for reading xx

Comments

  1. Great tricks! I don't think I could ever do a panning project. I love switching out products so much. You're doing such a great job.

    Jennifer | Mrs Q Beauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jennifer, I mostly add products that I know I can wear everyday, like foundation and face powders, I find lipsticks hard to pan because I get so bored of the same shade every day......... xx

      Delete
  2. Nice tricks here! I too have tried panning before, but only with polishes. It was an epic fail on my part & I highly doubt I could ever do it again. Besides, I don't own much makeup to begin with.

    Shell // The Novice Life

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shell. I have considered trying to pan a nail polish, but I'm not sure I could do it. Too big a job for me, lol

      Delete
  3. lol great post! I've never tried to pan anything!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha I loved this! Your tricks were so funny :) x

    Velvet Blush

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this! I really need to work on panning my products, so I'll be sure to incorporate these haha! Thanks for sharing xx

    Hannah | luxuryblush

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Simple Hydrating Cleansing Oil

BH Cosmetics Carli Bybel Deluxe Palette and Giveaway

Love Potion Perfume 2017 Spring Collection and Giveaway