Attempting to Iron Out My Wrinkles with Toxta

 Not going to lie, injecting botulinum toxin myself is something that I still find intimidating. The thought of creating a problem that I'm stuck with for 3 months is not appealing. After using Toxta 4 times now I still don't feel I've discovered the mapping to match my facial structure perfectly. Watching many videos has helped, but can also be confusing when people are usimg different placement, depths and amounts, but that's because we're all individual and that is what works for them.

So for now I will stick to basic mapping, yet still concentrating on the wrinkles being caused by various facial movements. Maybe next time I will video my mapping out the injection points.

For this procedure I was actually using Toxta that I had previously reconstituted with sterile saline,  transferred into syringes and placed in the freezer from the last time I 'toxed my face. It was nice not to have this added step. I did plan to treat my forehead, crows feet and DAOs (marionette lines), however I ran out of product before I had a chance to inject the 4 points into my DAOs. Instead of the 8 units (0.2 ml of product) I required I only had 2 units left over. Initially I didn't really know what I was going to do with the remainder. Yes, it may have been a small amount, but I had no intention of wasting it. Then it dawned on me that I could inject 1 unit under the tail of each brow to encourage a much needed brow lift.

I did end up with 2 pinpoint bruises under my left eye where I was treating my crows feet, which unfortunately means that the Toxta didn't go into the muscle so wasted product, but overall I'm pretty happy with the initial treatment. It's just hard waiting up to 2 weeks to see results. I generally notice that Toxta kicks in for me at around the 10 day mark.

Check out my Link.Tree for socials and affiliates :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Simple Hydrating Cleansing Oil

New Year's Resolution: A Giveaway!

BH Cosmetics Carli Bybel Deluxe Palette and Giveaway