Fibroblasting Upper Lids

 Fibroblasting is a treatment done using a device that creates a plasma arc to wound the skin. Why would I want to do this to myself? As the skin heals, it tightens the skin between the wounds. In office treatment would have the superior equipment, however there's plenty of DIY pens that can be purchased for in the home use. Many of these touted plasma pens are quite expensive, so of course I searched for a cheaper alternative. That being a mole remover pen. 


Now, I'm not suggesting that this will give me the same results as plasma pens and I'm not promoting mole pens for this purpose. I just wanted to try it without investing in a more expensive device. I prefer to stick to a budget and will splurge only if I feel it necessary.


The wounds are created by holding the needle as close as possible to the skin to create a spark with the aim of not touching the skin. I found this quite hard, especially because it was difficult to judge how close the needle was to my skin because I couldn't wear my glasses and struggled even with my magnifying mirror. 

It started off being a slow process as I was constantly anticipating the burn. And that's with having numbed with 5% lidocaine cream. On each eye I began by placing dots on either side of my sagging crease. When fibroblasting wrinkles, it's more effective to avoid wounding inside of them because the skin tightens between the wounds.

Once above the crease I began using the device in a vertical pattern and got into a better rhythm.

When I finished the treatment, I sprayed my lids with ionic silver water which keeps the superficial wounds clean and is not harsh. I continued to follow up every few hours, allowing the wounds to dry heal. It's important to allow the scabs to fall off on their own when the skin is healed to avoid scarring.

The following day my lids were quite red and puffy.  The swelling reduced over a couple of days. 



A week later shows the scabs are well and truly formed and dry



Now 2 weeks later the sores are starting to fall off and I have noticed some slight tightening of the skin.



Check out my Link.Tree for socials and affiliates :)








 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Simple Hydrating Cleansing Oil

New Year's Resolution: A Giveaway!

BH Cosmetics Carli Bybel Deluxe Palette and Giveaway