Simildiet Yellow Peel

 I have done chemical exfoliating masks in the past, but until now had never done a chemical peel. It was something that I believed would be beneficial for my aging and pigmented skin, I just wasn't sure it's something I should do for myself. Of course that was until I started trying diy invasive beauty treatments.

After reaching out to French vendor Promesse Filler explaining my skin concerns, they kindly sent me single use samples of some of the chemical peels available on their website. My biggest issue was working out an order to use them in!

I opted to try the Yellow Peel for its targeting of pigmentation. It does this primarily with 0.1 % retinol, but also contains trichloroacetic acid, lactic acid and salicylic acid. Evening out skintone is the main goal, however in turn this peel helps with fine lines and dull skin.


I used a fan brush to apply thin layers of the liquid yellow product to my face, avoiding my eyes and lips, although I did include my upper lid area in an attempt to tighten the sagging skin. I did experience frosting and avoided these areas when applying extra layers. I used up the 5 ml.

Instructions recommend leaving the peel on for 30 minutes to 1 hour. I removed using a cream cleanser after 45 minutes. During this time my skin did have a burning sensation, however I didn't feel too uncomfortable, not feeling the need to remove from my skin from pain.

I applied the included sample of post-peel moisturiser which helped soothe my skin.

By the end of the day (I treated my skin at around 11am) my skin was feeling tight and was peeling by the next day. The tightnessed continued for days, feeling like one of those peel-off masks. I did not enjoy the feeling, however the more skin was peeling, the less tightness I experienced as my fresh skin was being uncovered.

Now its important to not peel off the skin as it will leave skin raw and may cause more pigmentation and unneccessary trauma. For someone like me who enjoys peeling off dead skin (ie after a sunburn), I used some small scissors to trim loose dead skin to quell any temptation!

Please stay tuned for an update and final result of doing the Simildiet Yellow Peel


Check out my Link.Tree for socials and affiliates :)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Simple Hydrating Cleansing Oil

New Year's Resolution: A Giveaway!

BH Cosmetics Carli Bybel Deluxe Palette and Giveaway