Chemical Peel Update

 Not wanting to sanitise my skin and risk damage, I chose not to do any invasive treatments this week. Instead, I'll just give you an update of where my skin is at a week after doing my first ever chemical peel. I used the retinol based Simildiet Yellow Peel from Promesse Filler.


With a lot of peeling happening over the last few days, that annoying tightness is becoming less noticeable. My biggest problem now is the impatience to unveil my new skin with the increasing temptation to peel off the dead skin. I will admit to very gently tugging only until there's resistance, then I use a small pair of scissors to trim off the excess.

I have been diligent to apply a balm during the day, then slathering on spf and trying to avoid the sun when I can. At night I've been using a layer of vitamin E oil, then glycerin just to keep my skin moisturised.

Knowing that my skin continues to peel especially overnight (I assume because of my movements while asleep) I must admit to looking forward to seeing progress of the peeling process and getting to see more and more of my fresh skin which so far seems to be brighter with pores appearing reduced.

Would I use a chemical peel again in the future? If I was to answer a few days ago, I would have probably said no, but seeing the changes to my skin I would say yes. Most likely my plan would be to do a full face peel once a year, and spot treat areas of concern every 3 or so months.

I can see why people incorporate a chemical peel regime, the results are noticeable after just one treatment. I can only imagine the benefits over time, even only on a yearly use basis.

Now for some progression photos. (No makeup, no filter)



One week post peel

10 days post peel and the process had finished.





I included close ups of my darkest pigmentation and it has significantly lightened.


Check out my Link.Tree for socials and affiliates :)












Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Simple Hydrating Cleansing Oil

New Year's Resolution: A Giveaway!

BH Cosmetics Carli Bybel Deluxe Palette and Giveaway