FOTD

Just because it's autumn, doesn't have to mean saying goodbye to colour, or a dewy complexion. Mind you, the lovely weather lately could fool us into thinking that it was Spring, my favourite season.






I love to use the Skin79 BB cream as a primer, I find that it especially works well underneath mineral powder foundation, which happens to be what I used. A custom mix of various EDM finishing powders, concealer and bronzer to deepen colour. I really like the finish, not too heavy, yet evens out the look of my pigmented skin.



On my lids, I applied Persephone's Pluto Planet Power over my Silk Naturals primer. Unfortunately this company no longer operates, so I will have to make this gorgeous eye shadow last (secretly, I have a feeling that I'd have a colour like it hidden somewhere, lol). This eye shadow has a green base with blue shimmer. It is easy to work with and blend. In my crease I used the dark brown from my faux Nars palette, plus the neutral colour from my MAC palette, that has now hit pan! Which is not surprising as I use both of these eye shadows to contour almost everyday.


I lined my upper lash line with Mirenesse eye liner duet, using the shade Ebony. I love that this liner is retractable, so I never have to sharpen it. I am not a huge fan of the formula, as it can flake and tends to smudge, it also tugs on my skin. If I use it on my lower lash line, I often find that it fades before the day is over. What's weird, is that years ago, these were one of my favourite liners, I guess eye liners have come a long way since then, lol.

I forgot to include these in my pic, but I used Majolica Majorca mascara duo on my lashes.



Once I had finished my eyes, I dabbed on MNY Mineral Power Natural Perfecting Concealer in Ivory. This serves two purposes. Obviously to cover my very dark circles, and by including this step after eye make up application, the concealer cleans up any fall out. Ivory is way too light for me, but it covers the circles well, and a dusting of my mineral foundation ensures that I am able to match my skin tone better. It is creamy to apply and blends easily.


Next came a product that I've only just started implementing in my make up routine..a highlighter. I love a dewy complexion, and a highlighter is a must. I used Dr LeWinns Anti ageing Illuminizer. A creamy formula that reflects light without being too shimmery. A little goes a long way, so I only dab a little at a time.


I applied the highlighter along my cheekbones, and dabbed a small amount between the apples of my cheeks and the edge of my nose.



On my cheeks I applied L'oreal blush in Sandalwood Veil. As you can see it's a muted pink. I love that it gives a flush of colour to the cheeks, that is easy to build up colour. I have been using this one a lot of late.


One of my most reached for products of the moment are Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain, wow that's a mouthful!! For this look, I wore the shade Darling, a gorgeous mauve-y pink. I adore these lip products!

Well, that covers my make up application for this look :)



Comments

  1. Beautiful look Michelle! Love the Revlon JBK Balm! It looks gorgeous on you! I love them and my favourite one is Adore!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Simple Hydrating Cleansing Oil

BH Cosmetics Carli Bybel Deluxe Palette and Giveaway

New Year's Resolution: A Giveaway!