NOTD- Mosaic Nails

I wanted to try colour blocking for my nails. I'd seen the trend many times, but hadn't tried it for myself. I decided to choose Mod style colours, as I thought these would be perfect for stand-out nails. 

Because I wanted to incorporate striping, I began with a white base over Orly Bonder, using Models Inc polish in White. With this polish 2 coats gives an opaque finish. Once the layers had dried completely (patience is a must, eek!) I could begin with the next step, the nail striping.
I haphazardly placed the tape on my nails to separate each nail into 3 parts. For each section I chose to use Ulta3 in Mojito, a bright pastel green, Maybelline Color Show polishes in Coral Crush and Iced Queen, a mauve colour. 
I picked up the Maybelline Color Show polishes from Chemist Warehouse when they were on sale. Most of the colours had already sold out, but I was lucky enough to find these gorgeous polishes.  I am yet to try these polishes on their own, but so far love the creme finish and opaque quality. Another process that I allowed to dry completely, then I removed the tape. To ensure a smooth finish, I applied a thick top coat of Seche Vite.



Well, that's my mosaic nails! :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Simple Hydrating Cleansing Oil

New Year's Resolution: A Giveaway!

BH Cosmetics Carli Bybel Deluxe Palette and Giveaway