NIOD Sanskrit Saponins

I can't believe I'm only reviewing the NIOD Sanskrit Saponins now. I bought it during the Deciem Black Friday Sale, but have only just gotten around to trying it. Only half a year has passed since buying it! To be fair, I've had so many products to use up in my skincare stash that I had to let this product collect dust for a bit before being able to reach for it.


Taken from NIOD- "...SS is a cleansing balm that concentrates Ayurvedic saponins. They're unrefined and messy. They borrow their colour and smell from a place far away from today's madding crowd of refinement. But their near-perfect equilibrium between deep cleansing and respecting skin integrity is evidence that -somehow, somewhere- they connected to mankind." (there is much more info on the NIOD website) 


The product comes in a 90ml aluminium tube. It has a simple screw top lid, which is fine for this product because it is quite thick and balm like in consistency.

This cleansing balm is very natural in both look and scent. Being a light brown colour and it smells of greenery and dirt. I much prefer natural than added synthetic fragrance, so I don't mind it at all.

It is fairly thick but it is easy to apply. The recommended time to let sit on the skin before rinsing is 5 minutes. In this time, the product works to really deep cleanse the skin. I like to use it in the morning every other day as, although it is a balm, it's not formulated to remove makeup.

I remove the balm with a warm face cloth which is a fairly easy task. My skin feels tight after removal. Not stripped, more of a firming feeling to the skin. After reading the description on the NIOD website, the feeling is the cleanser doing its work to remove excess oils from the face. As stated, the tight feeling goes away after a few minutes.

I love how nice my skin feels after using the NIOD Sanskrit Saponins. So clean, soft and smooth. It translates to the look of my skin, providing more of a fresh radiance as it acts to remove some of that debris that can dull the look of the skin. This NIOD product is a win for me!


Have you used anything from the NIOD range?



Comments

  1. I've heard of this before but never got round to trying it. It sounds great for oily skin, but I feel like it might be too much for my dry skin xx

    Velvet Blush

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's quite a gentle product, but the tight feeling might not be ideal for dry skin xx

      Indie// In Search of the Holy Grail

      Delete
  2. I haven't personally tried any NIOD products before, or really know much about them! This cleansing balm looks so nice- I'm a huge fan of minimalistic packaging. What does the balm actually look like, would have liked to have seen a swatch! Would you say this is better for dryer skin?

    http://reveriebelle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like minimalistic packaging too, Karen. The balm is clay like, but lighter to work with than clay, if that makes sense. I have combination skin, but it leans drier outside of my T-zone area and it works well for my skin xx

      Delete
  3. I haven't tried anything from this range yet, but I totally relate when buying a product and taking a long time to get around trying it out and then you realise how much you love it and wonder why it took you so long to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never tried any NIOD products before purely because of the price tag + not knowing where to start, but this sounds pretty decent. I'd probably only use it on my T-zone as the rest of my skin is drier. I know what you mean re: buying products then taking forever to open them up. Also the story of my life!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's times that I'm tempted to open a newer product, but I'm a it OCD about using them in order of purchase, lol xx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Simple Hydrating Cleansing Oil

BH Cosmetics Carli Bybel Deluxe Palette and Giveaway

Love Potion Perfume 2017 Spring Collection and Giveaway