Maybelline Superstay Matte Ink Liquid Lipstick

I was pretty excited when I was invited by Beauty Heaven to trial the Maybelline SuperStay Matte Ink liquid lipstick. I had heard the buzz over these new liquid lipsticks and couldn't wait to put one to the test.


Taken from Maybelline- "Ink your lips in up to 16 hour saturated liquid matte. SuperStay Matte Ink features a unique arrow applicator for precise application and is available in 10 super saturated shades."

The liquid lipstick comes in a squared plastic tube. The tube is the shade of the lipstick and it comes complete with a contrasting glossy white lid. The Matte Ink has a creamy consistency and smells so delicious having a gourmand vanilla frosting scent.

The applicator of this lipstick is a sponge one, but it has a unique shape. The tip is a tear drop with a tiny well in the center. The pointed end of the sponge is great for precise application, whereas in the middle where you want the most amount of lipstick for the lips.


I received the shade Pioneer a gorgeous true red shade which is a colour I have been loving.  The formula goes onto the lips smoothly. One layer gives me an opaque lipstick application without streaks or patchiness.

Not long after application the Matte Ink feels quite sticky on the lips as it is drying down. So my initial thoughts was oh no, I don't like this. However, after around 20 minutes when the lipstick had actually set my lips only felt slightly tacky. The lipstick at this stage is completely transfer proof.

I got an impressive 7 hours wear before I washed my makeup off and the lipstick was still going strong, being tested during eating, drinking and even a cheeky little kiss with hubby.

Not only do I love the shade Pioneer, but also really like the formula of the Maybelline SuperStay Matte Ink Liquid Lipstick, easily the best drugstore liquid lipstick I have tried. I found that it lasted all day and was comfortable on my lips. The Matte Ink is a win for me!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Simple Hydrating Cleansing Oil

New Year's Resolution: A Giveaway!

BH Cosmetics Carli Bybel Deluxe Palette and Giveaway