The Ordinary Glycolic Acid 7% Toning Solution

I've been meaning to add glycolic acid (aha) into my skincare routine again. I had considered purchasing the much raved about Pixi Glow Tonic. Of course, I ended up going with a cheaper option, this one from The Ordinary. The Glycolic Acid 7% Toning Solution actually has a higher concentration of the Pixi Glow Tonic, which I believe is 5%.


Taken from Deciem- "Glycolic Acid is an alpha hydoxyl acid that exfoliates the skin. This 7% toning solution offers mild exfoliation for improved skin radiance and visible clarity. The formula also contains a studied Tasmanian Pepperberry derivative to help reduce irritation associated with acid use. The formula is further supported with inclusion of ginseng root and aloe vera for both visible radiance and soothing benefits."

The glycolic toner comes in a decent sized bottle with 240 ml of product. The bottle is clear with the simple Ordinary label slapped on. I actually really like the simple packaging, certainly runs with the theme of this brand. Although the product comes with a screw cap, in the box a screw nozzle is included. I love this nozzle for dispensing the product.

There is a slight tint to the liquid


I only use this product in my pm skincare routine. After cleansing I pour some toner onto a cotton pad and wipe over my face and neck, avoiding the eye area. I experienced some tingling at the start, but by the 3rd night it just felt like an ordinary toner.

Within the first week and a half, I did get 3 pimples. They were small and not that noticeable, nothing to worry about. I just assume that the glycolic toner had caused the slightest of skin purging. Since that initial "reaction" I have noticed less texture on my skin and it just looks clearer, I've had a slight but noticeable evening of my skintone.

I like that by using this product, my skin is gently being exfoliated resulting in dead skincells being removed, which does not occur quite as well naturally as we get older.

The Ordinary Glycolic Acid 7% Toning Solution is a win for me!



Comments

  1. I'm still yet to try The Ordinary and I've also heard a lot about the Pixi Glow Tonic, and I'd love to give that a go. This one sounds good, I'm glad you're getting good results!

    Di from Max The Unicorn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Di. I'm always keen to try a good dupe and I'm loving this alternative :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Simple Hydrating Cleansing Oil

BH Cosmetics Carli Bybel Deluxe Palette and Giveaway

New Year's Resolution: A Giveaway!