Eye Threads

 After my last attempt at treating under my eyes with threads that resulted in bad bruising and swelling I was hesitant to try again. Unfortunately my under eyes are a concern for me, especially the dark circles and hollows. Over time threads are one of the best ways to rejuvenate the area and provide volume. Sure, filler would be quicker, but I'm not at the level of using filler and it can make the area look worse, especially if migration happens. Anyway, my point being that if I wanted to make improvements I had to treat with threads.

Fortunately there are eye threads avaiable. These needles have a blunt end rather than sharp, also known as cannulas and go around a vein rather than pierce it, making bruising much less likely. Just to insert the needle, I pilot hole must be made using a sharp needle tip that is a slightly bigger gauge than the thread needle.

The threads I had were 30g x 25mm and the pilot needle 27g x 13mm. I used the pilot needle above my orbital bone underneath my pupil with the intent to use that one hole for the 10 threads on each side. To be able to insert the cannulas in different direction, I needed to wiggle the pilot needle in the different directions to make this possible. It was certainly a learning curve to insert the thread needle into a hole. The needles were quite flexible and not being sharp had to be in the same plane as the pilot needle to enter. I did struggle, but managed to insert the 20 threads and must say it felt good to finally treat the under eyes again with NO bruising!

Check out my Link.Tree for socials and affiliates :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Simple Hydrating Cleansing Oil

New Year's Resolution: A Giveaway!

BH Cosmetics Carli Bybel Deluxe Palette and Giveaway