One Hand Washes The Other

One Hand Washes The Other, or commonly referred to as OHWTO, is an online indie store that sells bath and body products, including perfumes (oil and solid), soaps (whipped and bar) home scents, the list goes on. Initially, I ordered from this store to try the much loved Black Magic facial soap. With all the fabulous reviews, I just had to try it for myself. The lip butters sounded just what my dry chapped lips needed, so in my "shopping cart" it went.  Already owning 4 solid perfumes, I also wanted to try some perfume oils, besides I can't place an order with just 2 products ;)




 I love the packaging. The perfume sample vials were placed in an envelope that was wax stamped, and the lip butter arrived in a lovely purple pouch.


BLACK MAGIC: I bought this in the soap format, however it is also available in cream and exfoliating scrub versions. This formula contains the following toning and claryfying products- Tea Tree oil, Peppermint Essential Oil, Grapefruit Essential Oil, Lemongrass Essential Oil, Rosemary Essential Oil, Vitamin E, Glycerin, French Green Clay, and Activated Charcoal.
The site lists the benefits of each ingredient. As with all the listed products, this is also vegan. This product may cause sensitivity, so a patch test is highly recommended. Of course, I was too impatient and went ahead and used this soap on my face.
I applied the soap by lathering in my hands and massaging onto a dampened face. To me, this soap has an aniseed-type scent which I like, and find very refreshing.
After washing my face with a cloth, I did notice that my skin felt a little tight, but somehow didn't feel stripped. My skin has never felt so deep cleansed merely from a facial soap. After using once, I noticed my skin looking brighter, and felt less oily instantly. My pores appeared smaller and not so congested. I haven't had many breakouts, but any pimples don't remain on my face long, thanks to this soap. After cleansing, my skin just absorbs serums and moisturisers with ease, I don't seem to have the need to wait as long between applications.
This soap is perfect for my combination skin. Although it has some potent ingredients, I have had no sensitive reactions after a month of using this soap. It's the second facial soap that I have used, and I don't feel the need to trial anything else..I am smitten, and will continue to use this product, that after a month's use, barely looks used at all!


LIP BUTTER: I bought the honey version, and it smells soo good! These butters come in a standard round lip balm tube. It went so smoothly on my lips, melting instantly to relieve dryness. Although, it has a butter formula, I don't find this product to be too heavy, just super moisturising. My lips feel hydrated for quite some time, I don't find myself needing to apply too often. I need more of these :)


PERFUMES: I ordered oil samples, and received 2 solid samples as free gifts. The solids came in clam shells, the oils in small vials. I am yet to order full sizes of the oils, but have full sized solids, and they are packaged in twist-up oval tubes, often these house lip balm. The solids are quite convenient, and fuss free to apply. The following are all perfumes that I have tried:



HIVEMIND: *The scent of a thousand apiaries in Spring, all the inhabitants functioning with a singular focus. Creamed honey, laced with a buttery vanilla, its sticky sweetness tempered by white musk and a touch of dark patchouli. 
Creamy, warm dripping honey. There is a slight rich earthiness with buttery notes to make this honey based scent one of the best I've tried. It powders down after wear, making it a soft fragrance, and the solid version lasts for a long time on my skin. 


BARISTA: *This is an espresso-and-chocolate based blend, but you'll catch wafts of hazelnuts, sweet cream, and yes, even the sugary pastries sitting at the counter tempting you while you wait in line for your cup of coffee. It's a delicious mocha scent.
Nutty, creamy and unmistakenly rich coffee and chocolate. It smells like a delicious sweet latte with all the trimmings, yummo.


OMG FLOWERS: *A duplicate of the lovely Viktor&Rolf fragrance "Flowerbomb", OMG Flowers showcases bloom after bloom, containing a floral symphony of jasmine, freesia, orchid, rose, tea, patchouli, woody musk and vanilla. When you smell this you're going to say, "OMG Flowers!" The florals are in there, but the woody musk and patchouli balance them nicely, making them less overwhelming. A mysterious and alluring scent, and a floral sure to please even professed haters of all things flowery.
I was expecting strong florals, and although they are there, the bouquet is not overpowering. Soft, light, slightly fruity. There is an effervescent quality to this fragrance. At first application, I thought this perfume seemed quite generic, however after wear, it really came into its own, offering a beautiful feminine scent that softly wafts throughout wear. 


DESOLATION ANGEL: *A rich blend of scents: cracked coconuts and fresh limes dance amongst swirls of dark musky woods, hint of vanilla, and a sprinkle of powder. This scent would smell great on men or women- it's one of my personal favorites.
This perfume begins very tart, the citrus lime is almost bitter. After wear the coconut emerges. It's creamy and sweet, but not cloyingly so, as the tartness cuts through, balancing this fragrance. It has a beachy feel, but not the typical tropical sweetness and coconut, this one is darker, making it unisex. Not for me, but I appreciate this blend.


PASTICCERIA: *An Italian pastry shop, the pasticceria has all the best dessert smells in the world. Marzipan, hazelnut, almonds, vanilla, cakes, assorted pastries, frosting, and of course, pure sugar.
Rich buttery, creamy sweet pastries rounded with an almond note. This blend is so smooth, soft and delicious. 


VICTUALS: *Hearty rolled oats spiked with syrupy sweet wild blueberries, topped with a sprinkling of maple sugar and a splash of vanilla rice milk. This is a breakfast staple for me, and is the inspiration for this yummy foody blend. 
Creamy, syrupy, rich and sweet rounded goodness. This scent is warm and comforting, just like the breakfast. It is so smooth and likeable. I would love this in a moisturiser. Yummmmo


MERMAID: * A beautiful marine-floral scent, Mermaid is a fragrance which brings to mind an underwater garden at the bottom of the ocean, or a mermaid's hair. It's perfect for those spring days that feel more like summer. Salt water, linden blossoms, muguet, carnation, white musk, with a base of driftwood and oakmoss.
Salty and crisp, blended beautifully with light florals that do not detract anything from this aquatic scent. It's not love, but I appreciate this well blended scent.


MERCANTILE: *Used to be, if you needed anything, a trip to the local mercantile- the general store, as it were- was in order. Dried cherries and other fruits for mother's baking, loose tea leaves for afternoon social calls, a strip of black licorice for yourself, and maybe a plug of tobacco for grandpa, too. This scent starts out tart and fruity, mainly smelling of black cherries, but as it settles in on the skin it changes to reveal the tea and anise notes, and hiding beneath it all, some sticky fresh tobacco.
Wow, what a complex scent. Smoky, sweet, certainly licorice in there, slightly fruity. I find that this fragrance takes on a resiny quality. There's so much going on, yet it is blended beautifully.


RASPBERRY GINGERALE: * Ripe red raspberries floating up and down in a pitcher of freshly-poured gingerale, thanks to help from millions of fizzy pinprick bubbles. A touch of blackcurrant adds a syrupy sweetness to the blend without weighing it down. A bright and lively scent!
Effervescent, tart and the unmistaken scent of sweet, yet slightly spicy gingerale. A perfect bubbly perfume for summer. Fun and girly.


VIVA LA JUICY: * After reading the descriptions of what this boutique fragrance duplicate smells like, I HAD to get it for my shop. It's fruity and floral, with the two balanced very nicely. You'll smell wild berries and mandarins, honeysuckle, gardenia, and jasmine, complimented nicely by notes of amber, vanilla, sandalwood, and praline. It sounds like there's a lot going on in this one, and there is- it reminds me of Pink Lady, in that it smells a little different every time you sniff it. This one is definitely a fun fragrance to wear.
Sweet, fruity florals. A beautiful feminine fragrance for summer. Reminds me of floaty dresses, drinking up the sunshine on a lazy afternoon. There is an element of innocence, yet carefree-ness to this perfume. I love the tartness paired with the soft florals and subtle candy quality. Divine, if only it would last longer on my skin. I have this in the solid, may try the oil version to see if there is more longevity.




I would really like full sizes of Hivemind, Pasticerria, OMG Flowers and I'd like to see if Viva La Juicy would last longer on me in oil format. I'll need to purchase when in need of Black Magic soap, so I'm sure some full sized perfumes will be on their way in the near future :)



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Simple Hydrating Cleansing Oil

BH Cosmetics Carli Bybel Deluxe Palette and Giveaway

New Year's Resolution: A Giveaway!