FOTD

I recently found a couple of mineral eye shadow samples that I had transferred into small jars from plastic baggies. These were from online indie company Archetype Minerals. I had a quick search online, and am not surprised that I could not find their store. The shadows are amazing, they were cheap, 50 cents a sample from memory, BUT, service was the slowest that I had ever come across. Thankfully, I received all orders (I think I placed 3), though waiting for at least 3 months was certainly not ideal! As I said, the eye shadows were truly lovely, and compared to some of the colours that I have, the two that I used were very plain, but still nice colours for day wear. 






I "primed" with Skin79 BB cream, then used a light dusting of my custom EDM foundation (just a mix of finishing powders, bronzer and concealing powder). I like to use the Maybelline Mineral concealer to brighten under my eye area, whilst also helping to clean up any fall out. As this is very light in colour on my skin, I pat a little of the foundation over top, this also sets the cream concealer.

I'm not sure what the two Archetype Cosmetics shades I used are, but a) I didn't label the jars, because I had no intention to repurchase and b) it seems this company no longer operates. I applied the light taupe shade onto my lids, with the plummy brown colour into my crease, then blended out towards my brow line. Just a simple 2 colour look.
I lined my eyes with Mirenesse liner in Ebony, which I'm simply trying to use up at this stage, it's not my favourite liner, but does the job. My latest love is the Majolica Majorca lash primer and mascara. I love how I get volume an length with this lash duo.


I applied the Rimmel Match Perfection blush in light/medium. I was intrigued by a blush that caters for specific skin tones. Plus the lovely etched design on the surface of this product caught my eye :) Having large sections of pinks and peach means I can use them separately, but my favourite finish is swirling a brush across all the colours, as it gives me  a lovely flush of colour to my cheeks. The only thing I don't like about this product is the packaging, to be honest it "feels" cheap, as the plastic container feels flimsy with a lid that is not secure. Not ideal for travel, but it's fine for use at home.
For my lips I used Mirenesse Auto Lip Liner duet in Rose. These are similar to the eye liners, however, I really like these for the lips. Nice and creamy, yet firm enough to trace the lip line. I like to also fill in my upper lip. I'm sorry I can't tell you what lipstick brand/shade that I used, because I used a lipstick in my DIY palette that I didn't label. I now wish I had have for future reference, oops! I used the lip colour that has the tab open.

I just love to rediscover "forgotten" make up items like the eye shadows I found for this look :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Simple Hydrating Cleansing Oil

BH Cosmetics Carli Bybel Deluxe Palette and Giveaway

New Year's Resolution: A Giveaway!