Thoughts on DIY Beauty

 Over the last almost year and a half of performing beauty diy procedures on myself I have come to love 2 major things, the ability to actually do these treatments and the dollars saved not going to an office to have them done by a professional. I can also do these in the comfort of my own home and do it at any time that suits me.

At the same time I have discovered some cons as well. I recently had a parcel intercepted by customs and discovered that there can be times when there is an issue receiving injectables. The reason given for seizing of the products was that I needed a prescription although it's not an actual requirement. I could get into a whole argument of my body my choice, but I really don't want to go there. And you probably don't want me to, either, lol.

Thankfully I was able to get most of my order re-sent, but it's a chance I'm still deciding if I'm willing to take in future when it comes to ordering more products. It also got me thinking about the direction of my journey if I was to run out of products. No products, no content obviously, this led me to really evaluate the pros and cons of doing these procedures. Apart from physical complications, like bruising and healing time of invasive procedures (eg fibroblasting), it's also taken a mental toll. Instead of seeing the improvements in my skin, I only seem to notice the things I want to improve. The other con is the never-ending cycle of waiting out healing of my skin from various treatments. Granted I don't go out much, but even shopping I find awkward if I have small burn marks on my face or bruising or peeling skin. 

This is not to say that I'm going to quit, I just wanted to take the time to step back and evaluate and also share my thoughts with you, be open and honest.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Simple Hydrating Cleansing Oil

New Year's Resolution: A Giveaway!

BH Cosmetics Carli Bybel Deluxe Palette and Giveaway