June 2018 Empties

Well, that's one month of Winter done and dusted, I'm sure I can get through another 2. Yet again I decluttered more products than I finished, but hey, there's a lot to go in the bin, regardless.


I'll break down what I finished and show you what I decluttered.


The Ordinary Hyaluronic Acid + B5- I really enjoyed this serum, it did a wonderful job at hydrating my skin. 
Repurchase? There are many serums from The Ordinary that I still want to try. I would consider buying again, but it wouldn't be for a long time and who knows what might grab my fancy in that time.

As for the next 3 products in the above photo, I will come right out and say that I will not be buying these products again. I actually used them on my feet to finish them because I didn't want to throw them out. The It's Skin serums just didn't seem to benefit my skin. The Ganique Paris C Bright Eye Revive I was excited about using, but the oil just didn't want to absorb into my undereye area. I actually enjoyed it on my feet, but not buying again for that purpose, lol.


L'Oreal Elvive Leave-In Spray- Who am I? Once again I am showing you a hair product that I finished because I remembered to put it in my Empties basket. This leave-in conditioner spray is for protecting coloured hair. With well, well, well overdue highlighted hair, I can't say much about whether or not this spray helps colour last longer, but I found that this was a good detangler and helped maintain my hair between washes. 
Repurchase? Although I don't own a lot of hair products, I do like trying a variety, so probably no future purchase of this leave-in.

Mediheal NMF Aquaring Ampoule Mask- I had been using sheet masks weekly, but only used 1 sheet mask in the month of June. This mask fit my face well and left my skin feeling very hydrated.
Repurchase? I have others still left in the pack, but there are so many I want to try yet, that I doubt that I will come back to these ones. A sheet mask has to wow me to buy it again.

Skinn Lip 6x Amplifying Serum- Thicker than a serum, but not as thick as a balm, this product felt so comfortable on the lips. It gave a slight cooling, so was soothing for the lips.
Repurchase? I loved this serum and currently have the reformulated version.

Minenssey  Brightening Mask- I received this mask to review. It arrived in a pack with 9 pods, as you can see I used 2. If you read my recent review, you would know that I loved it.
Repurchase? At $79 it is pricey, but it really works well to deep cleanse and brighten my skin that I just may consider buying again in future.


Lastly, this photo shows the products that I am decluttering. Aside from the unwanted lipsticks and nail polishes that have been making an appearance every month, I am also getting rid of the Swisse BB Cream. It is just too dark from my skin, even in Summer I'm too light for the shade. With much deliberation, I decided on decluttering the Beauty By Nicholas No No serum, it works temporarily to smooth fine lines, I just don't need the extra step and too much product creates a flaky mess. It has been sitting on my skincare shelf untouched for a couple of months now, so it's time to go.

What is something you've finished recently that you were happy to be done with?


Comments

  1. Mitchum Clinical deodorant....so glad im done with that stuff. It stains clothes and is a total pain...LOL
    I havent really finished very much this month but I did throw out an eye shadow palette that I really dont know how old it was and I cant even tell you what brand it was as all the writing and labels had come off it. A puretopia facial scrub also ended up being tossed out. Is Puretopia still available??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You did well to persevere with the deodorant. I think it's a good feeling when decluttering too. I have a lot of eye shadow palettes that I need to say goodbye to, eek! xx

      Delete
  2. I had to throw out a Garnier hair serum that I've only used about twice over the last couple of months. I hate wastage but it was just taking up space and probably about to expire anyway. It's a shame the Beauty by Nicholas serum wasn't that great. They're not that cheap. Ive just finished their eye cream and I thought it would perform better seeing it's a bit on the pricey side. IIwont be repurchasing. Thanks alit Indie for your feedback on these products :) Freaky xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I hate binning something I've barely used, but sometimes there's products you just can't make work for you. I'm yet to use the Beauty by Nicholas eye cream. I've heard such mixed reviews. Oh well, if it doesn't work for me, I'll have to keep searching for my HG eye product! xx

      Delete
  3. I finished up bhave's super nova elixir, which I was so happy to get rid of as it didn't do much for my hair. Despite the many claims of what it could do on the label, I only used it for detangling & found that it wasn't great.

    Speaking of Beauty by Nicholas, I tried their Eye Alchemy recently but will be passing it on as it did bugger all for my eyes, other than give me a breakout in my left undereye area.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am yet to try anything from the Bhave range, I think I will be giving that elixir a miss, though. It's a shame the Beauty By Nicholas eye cream didn't work for you, even causing a breakout, I haven't heard of too many eye creams doing that!

      Delete
  4. You do so well and so strong minded to throw things out. I think about throwing something out then I weaken..... you never know when it might come in handy or be re-purposed. I managed to finish my olay miracle youth essence and already have another bottle waiting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Okatko, I've only become more comfortable with decluttering after years of hoarding. I really want to get to a point where I love everything I own xx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Simple Hydrating Cleansing Oil

BH Cosmetics Carli Bybel Deluxe Palette and Giveaway

New Year's Resolution: A Giveaway!