To Repurchase Or Not To Repurchase- Prai Platinum Deluxe with Skincare Update

Now that I have finished my Prai deluxe samples, I thought that I would not only review them, but include some pics to see if they have improved my skin in any way.
Being an avid watcher of shopping channel TVSN, I am often tempted by the live demonstrations, especially those on skincare and makeup. Prai is one of the brands that I have wanted to try for some time, and when the opportunity arose for me to replace some skincare, I jumped at the chance to buy some Prai goodies.

The "Try Me" kit included Oceanic Skin Firming Caviar, Firm and Contour Face Cream and Firming Eye Cream. These 3 products used together are formulated to tighten the skin, giving it a more radiant, youthful look. It was simple to include this as a night time routine.
After cleansing and toning, I applied the Firming Caviar. This comes in a small cylinder bottle with pump top. The product has a light lotion consistency. It felt so luxe on the skin, absorbing rather quickly, leaving my skin soft and smooth.
Next I applied the eye cream. It is packaged in a jar. This is quite a thick cream, I actually found that it took some time for it to warm on my skin, making it difficult to gently massage it around my eye area. Once finally melding into my skin, the area did feel hydrated.
I finished with the face cream, which also came in a small jar with screw top lid. The moisturiser was quite rich, yet my skin seemed to love it. My face felt hydrated, without the cream feeling too heavy on the skin.
Would I repurchase? I would certainly love to try larger sizes of the Firming Caviar and Contour Cream, they were both lovely, and although my skin did seem to "purge" some with a few break-outs, my skin was beginning to clear by the time I was almost finished the products. I would like to see if my skin would improve more with further use. As for the eye cream, I wasn't a fan of the consistency, it was just too thick, I hadn't even finished the jar before discontinuing use!
I was really surprised that I got around 5 weeks of use out of the small sizes. I just loved the luxe feel, and can see why Prai are a favourite amongst so many people.

Was there any visible changes? I'll post some pics. (about 5 weeks between photos)
1.


2.



3.

In these pics, I do see a slight improvement. However, I must add that the "Before" pics were taken later in the day, whereas the "After" photos were shot in the morning not long after my skincare routine. I thought this was worth mentioning, as it explains the shinier skin. 

 Since my last Skincare Routine post, and after finishing the Prai samples, my routine has changed some. One of the biggest changes is that I no longer cleanse in the morning. I read that it is not good for your skin's PH level. That aside, it also made sense that if you cleanse well enough at night, your skin should be clean enough the following morning. I just simply wash my face with water whilst in the shower.

This is my current regime
AM
Spritz face with Avene Thermal Spring Water.
AWE lightening serum. (sample)
Remergent Microcirculation Therapy eye cream.
Natio Purifying Spot Treatment.
Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair Eye Cream. (sample)
Mirenesse Power Lift Day Treatment.
When not wearing foundation I am currently using L'Oreal BB Cream in Light.

PM
Mirenesse Multi-Action Silk Cleanser removed with cleansing wipes to remove all traces of make-up.
Every other day Mirenesse Power Lift Massage Bead Cleanser
Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair (new formula) I was lucky enough to receive this serum to trial, perfect timing, I say!
Estee Lauder Advanced Night eye cream. (sample)
Ayurda Almond and Saffron Skin Perfecting Moisturiser (sample)

My next skincare update will feature Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair, so stay tuned! :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Simple Hydrating Cleansing Oil

New Year's Resolution: A Giveaway!

BH Cosmetics Carli Bybel Deluxe Palette and Giveaway