Shop My Stash Palette Edition- The Balm Nude 'Tude

Another palette finally getting some love for the Shop My Stash series is from The Balm, a brand I have never used before, not sure why it took me so long to dip into the eye shadows. Better late than never, right? I'm sure you've all seen the Nude 'Tude eye shadow palette, but I'll post some pics anyway..


I like that the cardboard packaging has a magnetic closure. The graphics are pretty cute, too.


Inside the palette is a decent sized mirror and the shades are all labelled. Ok, onto the swatches.



I must say that swatching the shades was uninspiring. A few of the shades, I had to go over 2 or 3 times to get a pigmented swatch. The mattes also were patchy. I was not looking forward to actually applying the shadows.

Well, wasn't I surprised when the shadows applied beautifully. The shimmers weren't amazingly pigmented, but they made for nice everyday shades and easy to apply. The mattes blended so well, not patchy at all. I am so glad that I didn't put the palette away after swatching it on my arm. I'll show you some of the looks that I created.






This palette really proved that finger swatches aren't everything. I would like to say that I will now give it more love, but I have a very full set of drawers with palettes that need to be at least tried. I will certainly be keeping this palette, though!











Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Simple Hydrating Cleansing Oil

New Year's Resolution: A Giveaway!

BH Cosmetics Carli Bybel Deluxe Palette and Giveaway