Makeup Mess 2019 #1

I decided to create a series where I show what makeup I'm wearing when I'm not reviewing a particular product. Face of the day type posts. This gives me a chance to talk about products that I reach for regularly.


I did not realise just how many products I use for a full face of makeup, well, full face for me. So, just to warn you, this is going to be a long post. Anyway the makeup I used is as follows, in order of use 

Maybelline Master Precise Concealer in Light- I began my makeup look by applying this concealer to my lids. I also used this under my eyes. It's a concealer that I really like as it provides coverage and is easy to blend.

Australis Ready Set Go Loose Setting Powder- I use this translucent powder to set the concealer on my lids as well as the concealer under my eyes when I come to that step after applying foundation.

ELF Mad About Matte Eye Shadow Palette- This neutral matte palette is my go-to when it comes to crease work on my eyes.

Stila Shimmer and Glow in Twig- I have been wanting to try these Stila cream shadows since they were released. Easy to apply and I like that with this brown shade, I could blend it out with my crease shade. This product lasts all day on my lids without creasing.

Rimmel Scandaleyes Eye Liner in Nude- This is a creamy liner that I like to put in my lower waterline to brighten my eyes. I have had it in my stash for quite a while now and love it. 

ColorPop Gel Liner in Swerve- I love this eyeliner. Opaque, creamy and stays put.

Essence Lash Princess Mascara- A couple of coats gives me length and volume. I have been wanting to try this cult favourite and apart from the occasional smudging by the end of the day, this mascara lives up to the hype.

NYX Dark Circle Concealer in Light- This creamy pot colour corrector has a peach hue that is perfect for reducing the look of my dark undereye circles.

Garnier BB Cream for Oily/Combo skin- For my perfect Summer shade I mix medium and light. This BB cream has been a fave of mine for years now.

MAC Strobe Cream in Pink Lite- I have a sample size of this cream and I sometimes like to mix a small amount with my base. I prefer the finish of this illuminiser mixed with foundation, rather than applying as a primer. It can also be used as a cream highlighter, but I much prefer powder, so have not used it as such.

LA Colors Mineral Pressed Powder in Natural Beige- This is my summer pressed powder shade that I use to set my makeup. I just press a light dusting of powder onto my skin, then go over my face with my brush to make sure the powder is well blended, removing any excess as I go. I really like this powder, it gives a really smooth finish to my makeup without looking flat.

Nads Universal Brow Pencil- This pencil came in a brow waxing pack. I wasn't expecting much, but I love this pencil. It's great for filling in my brows and is a great shade. I wish it was available to buy on its own.

Revolution Makeup Chocolate Heart Bronzer- I received this bronzer in a I Heart Makeup Christmas pack. At first I had my reservations about using this product because of the marbled gold shimmer, but once applied, the shimmer isn't noticeable, just gives a satin finish. This bronzer is a neutral brown and suits my skin tone.

W7 Glowcomotion Highlighter- This was a product that I added to my online order to get the minimum spend for free shipping. I am so glad that I did because it is amazing. The champagne coloured highlighter gives me the perfect glow. It can be built up for a more intense highlight, but that's not for me, so apply with a light hand. 

Revolution Makeup Blushing Hearts Blush in Candy Queen of Hearts- This baked tri-coloured blush gives a lovely pink hue when applied to the cheeks. The shimmer gives a glow to the skin.

MAC Fix+ I love using this multipurpose spray to finish my makeup routine, it works well to meld my makeup, so there's no cakey powder look and a more airbrushed finish.

NYX Liquid Suede in Pink Lust- This shade is very uh...pink. Not something I would normally reach for, but it's a fun shade. The formula of the Liquid Suedes is ok, lasts well, isn't uncomfortable, but can give a puckered look to the lips.

So, this is how the look turned out





Have you tried any of these products?





Comments

  1. So many good products! I love face of the day layouts. Great post!

    Jennifer | Mrs Q Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Simple Hydrating Cleansing Oil

BH Cosmetics Carli Bybel Deluxe Palette and Giveaway

New Year's Resolution: A Giveaway!