Microneedling- DIY For Beginners

 A more invasive treatment I actually have been doing for a while now is microneedling. I began with a dermaroller and worked my way up to a microneedle dermapen. I have what I assume is a dupe of the Dr Pen M8, it looks like the original but I bought it from Aliexpress so if it is a dupe it's an exact one. A derma pen comes complete with removable needle heads which I also buy the replacements from Aliexpress. Buying from this Chinese online store comes with risk, but I've found a seller that I trust so am not concerned. Anyway, I digress...

I mostly microneedle at 1mm, which because it is over 0.5 mm it's classed as medical microneedling and is recommended to be done every 4-6 weeks. I do it monthly. For this depth I prefer to use a 16 pin needle head.

The needle pricks in the skin promote scarless healing and encourages natural collagen building and improves texture and tone of the skin. Pores can appear reduced along with fine lines.

I have been medically microneedling for around a year and have noticed that my crows feet are reduced and the texture of my skin has been improved.

It is recommended to use a hyaluronic acid serum to create slip for the pen to glide across the skin. I also like to spray a toning mist to help with the process. A mist also helps to cool skin which for me will feel tight and similar to sunburn. I have noticed that the more I microneedle, the less I seem to have break through bleeding.

Not going to lie, microneedling doesn't feel pleasant. I find that the most uncomfortable areas for me are forehead, eye area and lips. Numbing an hour before would help, but I haven't tried yet because I would prefer to have feeling so I don't overdo the needling.

Check out my video below for a demo of the procedure.


*Please note that I am not a doctor, nurse or aesthetician. Anything shared is not for educational purposes but to document my own experience for future reference.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Simple Hydrating Cleansing Oil

New Year's Resolution: A Giveaway!

BH Cosmetics Carli Bybel Deluxe Palette and Giveaway