Valentine's Day Makeup

When I think of Valentine's Day, many things come to mind. Love hearts, teddy bears, chocolates, flowers and sweet, romantic cards.

How I celebrate this day? Not much really. I might buy a box of chocolates for hubby and I to share between ourselves in bed, when the kids are asleep, and a glass or 2 of wine. Really it's just an excuse for us to indulge in chocolate.

One thing that I always love to do is create a Valentine's makeup look.

I instantly think of the colours red and pink, so I had a look through my stash to find the perfect shades.


Face
Revlon Whipped Colorstay Foundation
Silk Naturals Date Bait finishing powder
Madd Style Cosmetics "Rebel Lollipop" blush

Eyes
Maybelline "Barely Beige" Color Tattoo
Silk Naturals "Jelly Bean" eye shadow
Random wine coloured eye shadow
88 Warm Palette
YBF Universal Taupe Brow Pencil

Lips
Smashbox "Smashing Print" lip liner
Sleek "Milkshake" Pout Paste
NYX "Hebe" lipstick










To create this eye look, I used the Maybelline Color Tattoo in "Barely Beige" as a base on my lid. Concentrating on the center of my lid, I then patted on a little Silk Naturals "Jelly Bean", such a pretty pink, then on the outer part of my lid, I patted just a small amount of the wine coloured loose mineral, just to subtly darken the outer edge. 

Using my 88 Warm Palette, which I love, I used a pale cream to highlight just under my brows, then used a neutral in my crease as a transition colour. I then applied some burgundy eye shadow, blending really well with a fluffy brush. Once I was happy, I used a dark matte brown in the outer edge of my crease, then blended that out also.


I attempted a lip ombre, beginning with Smashbox "Smashing Print lip liner, to obviously line my lips, using quite a thick line, without filling in the whole lip. I dabbed on Sleek Pout Paste in  "Milkshake", making sure to concentrate on the central area. I brushed NYX"Hebe" on the outer area of my lips.Unfortunately, it wasn't quite right, looking like I had the 90s dark lip liner look, lol, not quite blended enough to create the gorgeous graduated effect of an ombre.

So 'fess up, do you celebrate Valentine's Day?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Simple Hydrating Cleansing Oil

BH Cosmetics Carli Bybel Deluxe Palette and Giveaway

New Year's Resolution: A Giveaway!