BPAL's Womb Furie and Smut


Wow, I cannot believe I have not done a review post on BPAL (Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab). I have quite a few of their amazing perfumes, and have sampled many, but have only barely scratched the surface of this online store, that is an indie perfume lover's heaven. At first, the choices were daunting to me, I didn't know how I was going place an order without going bankrupt, or crazy trying to choose just a few, lol. Thank goodness I stumbled across the Forum (which is actually listed on the online store). There are reviews of every perfume, and although time consuming, it is truly a handy tool!
Amongst the many many many general catalog items, there are also limited editions. These are only available in full sizes. However, there are decant circles on the forum, I've never participated, but it's a great idea!
Some time ago, I decided to purchase 2 almost iconic perfumes from the Lupercalia collection. I am embarrassed to admit that this collection was available in FEBRUARY!! Somehow this review got put on the back burner and forgotten..better late than never, right??? Without further ado, I will present to you.....


WOMB FURIE: *Snake Oil and three types of honey.
I typically don't like buying a full sized perfume unsniffed, but limited editions are not available in sample sizes. I could not resist the description..Snake Oil and 3 types of honey, yep, I was sold!! This is certainly softer than Snake Oil, with the honey toning down the lovely Indonesian spices. To me this is comforting, like a warm hug..or like drinking a warm milk, sweetened with golden honey in pjs in front of a blazing fire on a cold winter night. It becomes soft and powdery. Such a lovely fragrance, that I'm glad I took a chance on :)

SMUT: *Three swarthy, smutty musks sweetened with sugar and woozy with dark booze notes.
A somewhat medicinal spice at first, but this quickly fades to make way for a creamy, spicy, heady perfume. It is a sexy fragrance, a truly delectable temptation. Sinful or indulgent?? Hmmm..

I have notes on the BPAL scents that I have tried, so will begin blogging on these in the future. Actually, I'm sure I'll be adding a lot more..!! I like to pamper myself at birthday/christmas with BPAL goodies, both are in December, which is approaching extremely fast, YAY more perfumes :)

Comments

  1. Two of my favourites :) Yay for more BPAL reviews! I would have tagged along for joint orders if I was there. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're such a bad influence ;) lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is a livejournal community called aussie_bpal who usually do a decant circle of most limited releases. They're really nice people, and incredibly knowledgable about BPAL (which can be so overwhelming). They do them right at the start of the release so that even though BPAL take forever to ship, there's time to then order full bottles if you want any. They also usually do a combined full bottle order close to the time the LEs are coming down. I've been in on a couple, and I'm sure Su has done at least one. I have no particular affiliation with them, though - just sharing the love for BPAL. :-) http://aussie-bpal.livejournal.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, thanks for letting me know, Dee. Sounds interesting, something that I would like to be a part of :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh man! I am so jealous that some other family in San Antonio got family pictures by you!
    comfortable wedding shoes

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Simple Hydrating Cleansing Oil

BH Cosmetics Carli Bybel Deluxe Palette and Giveaway

Love Potion Perfume 2017 Spring Collection and Giveaway