Pressing Pigments

It has been a long time since my last attempt at pressing loose mineral shadows. It's not too difficult and I love creating a new eye shadow palette to play with. For more details on how to do it yourself, you can check out that post here.

I decided my next endeavour would be to press some of my favourite shades.






I enjoyed creating the palette so much that I went ahead and created a metallic palette. I used MBA Cosmetics Molten Metals collection, and 6 other metallics I had in my collection to complete the 12 pans.








Swatches of the Molten Metals when loose can be viewed here, so you can see how they compare. Mind you, the original swatches were done over a lip balm, whilst these are all done on bare skin with my finger.

Now I have 2 extra palettes, without even buying extra eye shadows! :)




I'll be linking this post to Ingrid's Monday Makeup Madness, feel free to check it out! :)






Comments

  1. WOW, those metallics!! Amazing colours. Christina from Love That Lippie gave me a few, I'll need to muck around with them a bit more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes! I nice sticky eye shadow base, and your good to go! xx

      Delete
  2. The colours are so vivid! I love metallic shades and the super shiny finish. Next stop, reading how you press them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Metallics are certainly my favourite eye shadows, so pretty on the lids xx

      Delete
  3. Gorgeous! That looks great!
    You know what? That would make such a great gift for someone too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, great idea! Tho, I'd find it hard to give away eye shadow palettes, lol xx

      Delete
  4. Oh my goodness Indie, you've made up the most stunning palettes - I'd buy BOTH in a heartbeat if I saw them for sale anywhere, well done! The colours are gorgeous and those molten metals are out of this world ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww, thank you, dear Kat. I am so happy that they turned out so well. I would have cried if I had have ended up wasting the Molten Metals! xx

      Delete
  5. What an amazing new palette you've created! So clever!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks hun. If I had the time and resources, I'd press all my loose shadows xx

      Delete
  6. I love it! I tried pressing some loose shadows before and I messed them up, so I'm chicken to try it again. But, I'd love to have them presses as we all know what a pain it is to use loose shadows!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, I much prefer using pressed shadows now xx

      Delete
  7. WOW, they look great! I need to get around to pressing all my loose eyeshadows at some stage (they're a pain to work with + some of the shades barely show up on my eyes), I'm hoping they'll turn out as well as yours have.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure your attempt will be a success. Would love to see it!

      Delete
  8. Holy moly these swatches are absolutely amazing. I think I need them all! xx

    Jasmine / sweetaholic-beauty.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Simple Hydrating Cleansing Oil

BH Cosmetics Carli Bybel Deluxe Palette and Giveaway

New Year's Resolution: A Giveaway!