Nail Art Wednesday

If you follow Kat on Instagram, you would have been delighted by her wonderful photos of various flowers. It was viewing these photos that inspired this nail look.



Models Inc "Diamond Shine", Australis "#bethatgirl", Ulta3 "Honolulu and Australis "Glitter Strikes Back"

I began with a champagne base colour. On the fingers that I wanted to replicate a flower design, I applied another coat of the base polish. While still wet, I dotted on the purple polish, then yellow in the centre. Using a toothpick, I dragged the yellow polish out from the middle, in the hope of creating a design reminiscent of a pansy. On the remaining nails I applied the glitter topper, "Empire Strikes Back".



I hope I did justice to these beautiful flowers :)




I just linked this post to Monday Makeup Madness over at Fabulous and Fun Life 



Comments

  1. So pretty! There you go, Di from Max The Unicorn - a use for that yellow Ulta polish!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Beth. I find yellow is useful for a lot of nail art ideas. Not a fan of the colour on its own on my nails, tho, lol

      Delete
  2. What a gorgeous pansy design! I wish I was capable of doing nail art!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Ingrid. A little practice, and you'd be creating beautiful nail art. If I can do it, anyone can!! xx

      Delete
  3. Haha, yes thanks Beth! Michelle made it look a lot prettier than I ever could!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh my reply went in the wrong place. Anyway, this is so cute. I love your nail art designs, I always feel inspired after seeing them!

      Delete
    2. Thank you Di, that means a lot! xx

      Delete
  4. This is super cute Indie - I showed it to my Mum last week and she was entranced. You're such a sweetheart, and you sure did justice to her flowers - this is spot on! ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that your Mum liked my nails, Kat. She is such the green thumb xx

      Delete
  5. Those pansies look great Indie! Love the champagne colour on the other nails too and I'm another one who can't wear yellow on its own, it just doesn't suit me.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Simple Hydrating Cleansing Oil

BH Cosmetics Carli Bybel Deluxe Palette and Giveaway

Love Potion Perfume 2017 Spring Collection and Giveaway