Silk Naturals

One of my fave indie brands is Silk Naturals, great service, reasonable prices and most of all fantastic products.
Owner, Karen Stark, created this successful business in 2006, specializing in organic makeup and skincare. Some of her skincare products are staples in my daily skincare routine. Aside from great products, there are also other incentives to purchasing from Silk Naturals, such as, a free product, generally an eye shadow, for orders over $10 before shipping, free eyeshadow of your choice for every $30 before shipping spent, plus points are earned with every order, that can be redeemed on further purchases. From time to time there are also some sales.

In my latest purchase I ordered AHA Toner, sample of Awesome Sauce, Super Defense Serum, Eye Lash Conditioning Gel, eye shadows- Jump, Kickstart and Naughty. Karen also included a sample of the eye shadow Grassroots Green and the gwp was Amplifying Lip Glaze in Dancing Shoes..



One of my skincare staples is the AHA toner. When I first began using this toner, I used to experience a slight tingle, now I don't experience that or redness. It rids my skin of any excess dirt or makeup not removed after cleansing. Being at a concentration of 8%, I think it's a good entry level AHA product.

Super Defence Serum is also a repurchase (for some reason it isn't currently listed on the site). I like this serum for it's Vitamin C content, being a crucial step in my skincare routine.

Eye Lash Conditioning Gel is a definite must-have item for me. Simply applying it morning and night to my lashes, I've noticed my lashes not only growing longer, but also new lashes are appearing. I'm loving this serum. It does take some time to see results, but is truly worth it!

I bought Awesome Sauce in sample form to give it a try..I have to admit that I have not used it as yet, but certainly want to trial it soon. It is full of anti aging goodies, all are listed on the site.

Amplifying Lip Glazes are a new formulation, and I'm so glad that it was a gwp, as it's a fantastic lip product. Due to it being a gwp, Dancing Shoes is not listed on the site, but I'm hoping that it becomes a permanent item.

Dancing Shoes is a beautiful dusty pink colour with plenty of sparkle. A slight minty tingle can be felt while wearing, which is the anti aging plumping ingredient in action.

Eye shadow Grassroots Green is a deep, almost metallic green when applied wet. When dry it is more of a shimmery grassy green.






When applied wet, Naughty is a wine colour, with pink sheen.






Kickstart is described on the site as a bronzed grey, I noticed when wet that it was like a steely metallic taupe, when dry, it had a slightly purple hue to it. This eye shadow has a shimmery finish.





Jump is in the new Eye Lights formulation. In my opinion, Eye Lights are at their best when applied wet, the colour goes from sheer to a more vibrant colour. This eye shadow is a neutral based purple. My photo does not do it justice, so I'll add a pic from the site instead.





I love the intensity of these shadows when applied over a primer. Dry they are quite sheer. To apply, I simply dab eye shadow onto my lids with an eye shadow brush over primer. The primer I am currently using is the Stick Em Eye Shadow Enhancer, primer and shadow glue in one.

If you are yet to make a Silk Naturals purchase, do yourself a favour, and place an order! :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Simple Hydrating Cleansing Oil

BH Cosmetics Carli Bybel Deluxe Palette and Giveaway

New Year's Resolution: A Giveaway!