Lime Crime Dreamgirl Bundle

I know that the brand Lime Crime has in the past been in the spotlight for all the bad reasons, but I had secretly been wanting to try their lip products, especially the Velvetines. I figured now enough time had passed that I really can't even remember why so many people had boycotted this brand in the first place.

When there was a sale for Valentine's Day, I was all over the Dreamgirl Bundle. It contains 3 lip products. I took a chance, I placed an order and my products arrived in good shape, yes!



How gorgeous is the box that the lipsticks come in! The set contains 2 Velvetine liquid lipsticks and one Diamond Crusher lip topper.




From left to right we have Dreamgirl Velvetine, Red Hot metallic Velvetine and Cheap Thrill Diamond Crusher.

The liquid lipsticks come in a tube and have a typical doe foot applicator. First thing I did when I opened each tube is take a sniff. They smell sweet and vanilla-ry, very yummy!

The consistency is on the creamy side of a liquid. The formula glides on the lips. Apart from needing to be precise with the dark shades, they are fairly easy to apply. Dry time is perfect. Long enough to be able to take time for neat application, yet not too long.

On the lips the Velvetines do feel drying as they set, but once set, I find them lightweight on the lips. I barely notice I have a lipstick on. I think the name pretty much describes the product. They do feel like velvet once dry. Kind of like a powdery feel in the best possible way.

These liquid lipsticks are long wearing. I get just the slightest amount of transfer if I'm drinking or eating. Touching my lips to my hand doesn't seem to show any transfer of lipstick.

After around 4-5 hours that's when the wear becomes noticeable. It happens in the typical area, the inner lips. By around the 8 hour mark it does start getting flaky, but to be honest I'm ready to take my makeup off by this point anyway.

The Diamond Crusher lip topper is very similar to the Velvetines in that it dried down and sets. It feels like nothing on the lips and lasts for hours. 


Dreamgirl


Red Hot


Cheap Thrill

Cheap Thrill applied over Dreamgirl.



I applied Cheap Thrill lip topper over a regular pink lipstick and a neutral ColourPop Ultra Matte liquid lipstick just to see how it preform over a creamy lipstick and another liquid lipstick brand. Granted they were just hand swatches and I didn't test for longevity, I like the idea of being able to apply this topper on other liquid lipstick brands as well as regular lipsticks.

I am so impressed with these Lime Crime lipsticks. The formula is so good on my lips and the shades are gorgeous. I can see myself placing more LC orders in the future.






I am linking this post to Ingrid's Monday Makeup Madness

















































Comments

  1. Wow! Cheap Thrill Diamond Crusher looks so gorgeous! And I love the sheen that Red Hot has too! So pretty :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought the Diamond Crusher was a gloss when I first bought it, was surprised that it was a long wearing liquid lipstick. I love how well they all performed xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Diamond Crusher Lip Topper though! How pretty - I don't have anything like that in my collection. Great buy!

    Di from Max The Unicorn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cheap Thrill stole my words, such a bautiful topper. Plus it looks incredible on you!

    Michelle Morchella

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow!! These shades are all so gorgeous!! I have never tried Lime Crime, but they look so lovely!!


    Laura || www.thelifeoflaura.com.au xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LC has been on my wishlist for so long. I need more of their lipsticks! Lol xx

      Delete
  6. Super pretty Indie - you have such an amazing knack of finding awesome looking makeup. That Dreamgirl is the one for me - it's divine! This is an especially terrific review too hon - thanks so much! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kat. I appreciate your ongoing support, gorgeous lady xx

      Delete
  7. wow these look so pretty on you! I love CHeap Chrill !

    clairetalksbeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Claire! Cheap Thrill is so unique, I love it, too xx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Simple Hydrating Cleansing Oil

BH Cosmetics Carli Bybel Deluxe Palette and Giveaway

Love Potion Perfume 2017 Spring Collection and Giveaway