Microneedling with Xtra Lightening

 Medical microneedling was the first more invasive treatment I began my DIY beauty journey with. I set my device at a 1 mm, so being over 0.5 mm deems this as medical, rather than cosmetic. I continue to maintain a monthly schedule. 

To make sure the needle doesn't drag along the skin a serum with slip is a must. hyaluronic acid is commonly used, but there are also serums specifically formulated for microneedling.

In this session of microneedling I used the Xtra Lightening cocktail from Simildiet Laboratories. I was gifted a 5ml vial from Promesse Filler (I paid postage and am not sponsored). I used half of the vial to treat my face and neck.

The product is quite fluid yet had enough slip to microneedle without absorbing too quickly into my skin. Microneedling at this depth is not without discomfort and this serum did not make the procedure worse. I had no adverse reactions.

Due to the microneedling for the remainder of the day I was quite red. This is common and feels similar to sunburn, tight with warmth. For me, my skin is back to normal by the next day and this is where I noticed the brightening effects of the serum. I had an overall evening of my skin tone, but as expected after one treatment my pigmentation remained. 

On the website it is recommended to have 8-12 weekly sessions for full effect, done cosmetically or mesotherapy. I do not have enough product for the required amount of treatments, plus using it with medical microneedling I can only do that monthly. I do have enough for one more treatment, so although I won't get the full treatment to target my pigmentation, I am looking forward to treating my skin once again for that youthful brightening.




*Please note that I am not a doctor, nurse or aesthetician. Anything shared is not for educational purposes but to document my own experience for future reference.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Simple Hydrating Cleansing Oil

New Year's Resolution: A Giveaway!

BH Cosmetics Carli Bybel Deluxe Palette and Giveaway