SOTD- Alkemia Perfumes "Les Mysteres"

Have you ever tried a perfume that you were not overly keen on, only to try it again at another point in time to have your opinion change? Well, this was the case when I applied indie perfume (available from Etsy) Alkemia Perfumes "Les Mysteres".

Described as "an opulent, resinous blend of aged frankincense, black figs, labdanum, dark amber, Russian tea, swirled in a trio of sensual musks."

My first impression of this fragrance was that is was too dark and woodsy. Yes, there was a sweetness offered by the fig note, but not enough to balance the bitterness. I put the sample away. That was then..

Months later, I decided to give it another chance. You see, if you haven't tried perfume oils, sometimes they can mellow over time. 

Yep, it is still quite dark, but more in a velvety sensual way. The bitterness disappears shortly after application, to reveal a syrupy, incensy fragrance that still retains it's woodsiness. It is beautifully balanced. 

I do like it, love it? No, I don't feel the need for a full size, but it is a well blended and complex perfume.

Comments

  1. Golly Indie, even though you're not mad keen on it, it does sound amazing - I can imagine this being perfect for winter. I'm so glad you mentioned how oils can mellow - I have a couple stashed aside that I'd kind of dismissed but not enough to toss them out, so I might give them another airing and see if they've (or I've) changed ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so right, this would certainly be a perfect winter fragrance. A little too much for me, but certainly not a terrible perfume. Oh, and do try your oils again. It would be great if they now appealed to you xx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Simple Hydrating Cleansing Oil

BH Cosmetics Carli Bybel Deluxe Palette and Giveaway

New Year's Resolution: A Giveaway!