Makeup Revolution Light and Shade Palette

I had held off reviewing the Makeup Revolution Light and Shade eye shadow palette because of the controversy around this dupe. I can understand KvD being upset about the palette being an obvious rip-off of her Shade and Light palette. But, as a stay-at-home mum who has to watch what she spends, I do love myself a dupe.

Taken from TAM Beauty- "The eye shadow palette you NEED in your life! Everything you need for every day neutral eye shadow looks. Highly pigmented, smooth and blendable matte shades ranging from cool tones to warm tones, and the perfect shades to contour and define your eye shape."



I love that the palette is split up into 3, placing the same toned shades together. Beginning with a section of neutral, then cool and warm. This palette for someone like me that enjoys playing with colour, is the perfect companion palette. I can match the tones of my eye contour depending on the lid colour I choose.

The matte shades are a little powdery, which I've come to expect with Makeup Revolution mattes. They kick up a little when placing a brush in the pans. However, they are really smooth and blend beautifully, which is important when eye contouring. I don't find that the shades become patchy when blending out in the crease.

I enjoyed using this palette and can see myself reaching for it a lot.

Now onto some swatches.







For the purpose of testing out this palette, I created looks only using this palette. 3 different looks representing each swatch photo.






Look 1







Look 2






Look 3

Wow, 3 neutral matte looks. So different to my normal eye makeup, especially the matte part!




I will be linking this post to Ingrid's beauty blog link up Monday Makeup Madness :)











Comments

  1. I love MUR palettes! Personally I would prefer some shimmer, but this looks like a great alternative to the Kat von D palette x

    Beauty From Katie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the affordability of MUR. I do love my shimmers, too xx

      Delete
  2. Looks like such a pretty palette, the shades are gorgeous xx
    Liv
    livslack.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love how the palette covers neutral, warm and cool mattes xx

      Delete
  3. I need to look into this one! I love a good dupe! I'm sure I don't need it but... we shall see. Thanks for the great review! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, I don't think I needed it, either, but I just can't help myself, lol! xx

      Delete
  4. This palette looks lovely, so similar in shades to the KVD shade and light palette which makes it perfect for every day or really glam looks :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I saw this dupe from MR, I had to have it! xx

      Delete
  5. Love the shades on this palette. It so soft and subtle.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never tried Makeup Revolution, but it does look like such a wearable palette and affordable, too! x

    Di from Max The Unicorn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am always tempted by Makeup Revolution's new releases, thankfully they don't break the bank! xx

      Delete
  7. I have this palette - it is great. I am put off mentioning it because of its similarity to Kat Von D's, but I love it and would never be able to afford the more expensive palette x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was tossing up whether or not to write a blog post about the palette for that same reason, but I just loved the palette too much not to! xx

      Delete
  8. Great eye looks as always. I prefer warm eyeshadows, so the look number three is the best for me.

    Michelle Morchella

    ReplyDelete
  9. this palette is a great option ! i love the looks that you did and my favorite is number 3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Claire! The warms are hands down my fave, too xx

      Delete
  10. Absolutely loving look #3 Indie - those warmer shades look stunning on you, well they all do, but that gingery colour in particular is gorgeous xxx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Simple Hydrating Cleansing Oil

BH Cosmetics Carli Bybel Deluxe Palette and Giveaway

Love Potion Perfume 2017 Spring Collection and Giveaway