Maybelline Master Chrome Highlighter

I don't think the highlighting trend will be going away in a hurry and quite frankly, I don't want it to. I enjoy a subtle highlight on my cheekbones, so I don't need to use a lot of product for each application, therefore I try not to buy every highlighter that appeals to me. I have a few and I probably wouldn't need to buy another one for years. Of course, with all the releases, it's hard not to be tempted. This was the case with the Maybelline Master Chrome Highlighter. Not only did it look good, reviews I read had me needing it in my stash!


Taken from Maybelline- "Master Chrome Metallic Highlighter delivers the look of a melted metallic highlight in an easy to apply highlighting powder. Features reflective pigments for an eye-catching chrome effect."

The highlighter comes in a round, plastic compact with a clear lid. I like that you can see the product without opening. The highlighter powder has a funky textured square design.

I couldn't wait to swatch this highlighter. I purchased the shade Molten Gold, which seems to be the only shade available here in Australia (I have my fingers crossed that Rose Gold is released here). It is so creamy to the touch and beautifully pigmented.


After seeing how well this product swatched, I was excited about putting it on my face. Using a small fluffy brush, I dipped lightly into the powder then brushed it onto the top of my cheek bones. I was able to achieve a beautiful golden glow. 

I added a little more of the molton gold for testing purposes. I wasn't left with 2 obvious stripes of highlight, it blended beautifully into my skin.


I didn't notice any obvious emphasis of my skin texture or accentuating of my fine lines. At the end of the day, the highlight looks just as good as when applied hours earlier.

The Maybelline Master Chrome Highlighter certainly lives up to the hype and I can see myself reaching for Molten Gold a lot!






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Simple Hydrating Cleansing Oil

BH Cosmetics Carli Bybel Deluxe Palette and Giveaway

Love Potion Perfume 2017 Spring Collection and Giveaway