Clinique Take the Day Off Cleansing Balm

Clinique is not a brand that I seek out and buy for myself. I've heard great things about their products, but as you are probably aware by now I'm a cheap arse  budget savvy. It's an understatement to say that I was excited when I received the Clinique Take The Day Off Cleansing Balm in the Beauty Heaven 10th Birthday Goodie Bag. A high end product, not to mention the fact that I've been wanting to try a balm cleanser since they have become a popular skincare item.


Taken from Clinique- "Lightweight makeup remover quickly dissolves tenacious face and eye makeup, and sunscreen. Transforms from a solid balm into a silky oil upon application. Cleans thoroughly, rinses of completely, Non-greasy, non-drying."

The balm is packaged in a large 125ml purple jar with silver screw-top lid and label. This product is quite a thick balm with a slight nondescript scent.


As often seems the case with a new product, I got a little enthusiastic when I first used this cleansing balm. I dug in and applied too much product.  Because I didn't want to double dip my fingers in the jar, I scooped more than the 10 cent piece size needed for face and neck.


I was surprised at how quickly the balm melted upon contact of my skin, it certainly wasn't the sticky mess that I was expecting. 

As I massaged the balm into my skin, my makeup quickly dissolved. The balm was gentle enough to use around my eyes, but certainly does an amazing job of removing the bulk of my many lashings of mascara.

Just as impressive is just how easy I find washing away the cleanser. It's not heavy at all, making the removal process hassle free.

The Clinique Take The Day Off Cleansing Balm is a definite win for me!


Comments

  1. I've been wanting to try a product like this, too! It sounds really good and that jar will last you forever.

    www.beautyfromkatie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad this jar should last me for some time, because I love it xx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Simple Hydrating Cleansing Oil

BH Cosmetics Carli Bybel Deluxe Palette and Giveaway

Love Potion Perfume 2017 Spring Collection and Giveaway