Lolita Lempicka "Eau de Midnight"

This is the 2013 version of midnight. Just to let you know from reading reviews, the general consensus is that the midnight variations smell quite similar. The only other Lolita Lempicka perfume that I have tried is "Pink Sugar". It was way too cloyingly sweet for my liking, and that's saying a lot coming from a person who likes a gourmand perfume.



Description- "A spicy intense scent from Lolita Lempicka, this has a resonate, attention getting essence that remains subtle enough for casual occasions. Midnight has a rich, complex construction that combines notes of aniseed, vanilla, myrrh, ivy, amarena, iris, jasmine and violet with additional notes of musk, vetiver, benzoin and tonka bean."

Upon application, I get a very sweet aniseed, vanilla..very very sweet. 

What I do find with this fragrance, is that throughout wear, it develops a musky floral depth that gives it a sophisticated, yet sexy edge.

The problem I have is I just don't know if I like this perfume. It is nice, but a little on the sweet side, even for my tastes, but I adore the bottle............hmmm.

What do you like in a perfume?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Simple Hydrating Cleansing Oil

BH Cosmetics Carli Bybel Deluxe Palette and Giveaway

New Year's Resolution: A Giveaway!