SOTD- Alkemia "Aphrodesia"


Alkemia "Aphrodesia" is described as "An intoxicating blend of deep eastern spices, warmed with creamy vanilla and a few drops of golden frankincense."

Upon application, this perfume is very incensey, headshop strong. Heading towards being pungent. I'm not a fan of this stage.

I like the drydown. It becomes soft, powdery, with the vanilla offering a sweet, syrup-y quality. There's also a metallic, zestiness.

It is rather nice. 

Feminine and exotic with the eastern spices. 

Personally, I don't find Aphrodesia to be a heavily sexy perfume, as I was expecting, but it does have its own appeal. Not enough for me to warrant a full size oil, but I will enjoy the sample. 

In the past, being on the fence about a perfume meant a purchase, but now it has to be love before I add to my existing perfume collection.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Simple Hydrating Cleansing Oil

BH Cosmetics Carli Bybel Deluxe Palette and Giveaway

New Year's Resolution: A Giveaway!