August Favourites

In this post I have some new products, along with some old favourites.





I have been using coconut oil for years , it is a Holy Grail product for me that I cannot be without. In fact it was featured in my second blog post! I have many uses for this miracle oil that include hair treatment, body moisturiser, hand cream, and of course cooking with. I also put it in coffee instead of sugar. It isn't overly sweet, but adds flavour so I don't feel the need for sugar. 

I always buy the Banaban brand. Not only is it decently priced when bought in bulk, by doing so, I am also supporting the people from the Banaban island who have lost so much from mining of their land. For more info read here.



I've spoken about this primer before, but to quickly recap, it is a sticky base that I am never without when applying loose mineral eye shadows.


Maybelline Color Tattoo in "Barely Branded"

I've been using this Color Tattoo on my lid, especially on the weekend when I wear minimal makeup. It is a lovely neutral shade that gives a nice sheen, whilst brightening my lid. 

Lasts all day, and goes on well with a synthetic eye shadow brush.

Also is a great base for powder eye shadows, making them last longer.


JLO "Glo in the Dark"

I've been loving this perfume. It is sweet, yet dark and sensual. I will have a review in the near future.

Lily Herbaceuticals Facial Oil.

Facial oil is now a staple in my evening skincare routine. It is fantastic for providing my dehydrated skin with much needed moisture, even being a combination skin type. Being the last step in my routine, it has plenty of time to absorb into my skin, and my skin loves it!

Lily Herbaceuticals Facial Oil is something that was love at first use. It's not heavy and feels so luxe on the skin. I think the bottle looks pretty good, too. Will have a review in the not too distant future.



Silk Naturals Kisser Slicker in "Winter Rose"

Another favourite to show you from Silk Naturals. It's quite a sheer lipstick, but adds just enough colour and a lovely sheen. It has a cooling effect and soothes my lips. A nice change to some of the more drying lipsticks that I have been wearing.


Pretty Little Liars

I have begun watching this series again because it has been a year or so since I watched and needed a recap before watching newer episodes. I am addicted and frustrated by the mystery of A, lol.

The Bachelor

I love reality tv. I can't imagine how the ladies put themselves in a situation to compete for one man. But, I am happy to watch it all unfold. Lol. I'm hoping Sam picks Heather.

Well, that was my favourites for August :)




Want to join a linky party, well feel free to add you beauty blog post to Fabulous and Fun Life "Monday Makeup Madness". Check it out here.

Comments

  1. The shadow base sounds tops, I have a really awesome one by MBA which is also a sticky base, it works a treat! I gotta get those colour tattoos back in the rotation! Im going to go sniff the jlo, it sounds beaut!! Btw, I bought two beyonce perfumes you reviewed, heat and orchid, I love them, especially orchid, so so perdy!! Thank you for your awesome reviews!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I needed to start using my Color Tattoos, they've been collecting dust for way too long. It sounds like you are being enabled by my perfume reviews, lol. It's only fair, I guess as my list of lipsticks that I want after reading your reviews is getting ridiculously long, lol xx

      Delete
  2. Haha, I am also a big sucker for reality tv ;) and facial oils are the bomb!
    Also I nominated you for the liebster award on my blog http://little-panda-reviews.blogspot.com.au/2015/09/liebster-award-2015.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, thank you for nominating me, that is so sweet of you! xx

      Delete
  3. I love coconut oil too! Especially for my dry hair. That Silk naturals lip products compliments you beautifully!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome collection of goodies Indie - that Silk Naturals Stick Em Eye Primer has my name on it for sure. You're looking particuarly gorgeous in this photo too hon - Spring come on down! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The SN primer is certainly an old favourite of mine, one that I keep repurchasing. Awww, thanks lovely, it's such a nice lipstick for such a simple shade xx

      Delete
  5. Haha! Love having The Bachelor right at the end!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, The Bachelor is such a guilty pleasure, lol

      Delete
  6. Facial oil is a must in my evening routine also. I'm currently using the Rosehip PLUS one. I look forward to reading your JLo perfume review.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's so many facial oils that I want to try, tho I'm loving Lily Herbacueticals xx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Simple Hydrating Cleansing Oil

BH Cosmetics Carli Bybel Deluxe Palette and Giveaway

Love Potion Perfume 2017 Spring Collection and Giveaway