Elf "Pearl" Eyelid Primer

I'm sure you've heard the phrase "It's a crime not to prime". I no longer apply foundation without a primer, and this is also the case with my lids and eye shadow.

My all time favourite lid primer is my Silk Naturals one. This is a sticky base that ensures loose shadows adhere. The primer is clear, so does not offer an even coloured base. I am finding this necessary, as my lids' skintone is quite uneven.

I haven't had a lot of experience with the Elf range, but being such a budget brand, I decided to give their eyelid primers a try.

The eyelid primer offers lid preparation to not only make a smoother surface for even makeup application, but also increase longevity. 

I am using the shade "Pearl" in the attempt to give my eye shadows more vibrancy.

The primer comes in a handy sized tube.

The product is a lot thicker than I expected. 

To apply, I simply use the included doe foot wand, then blend out with my finger. It sheers out quite a lot, but really seems to help with my creased lids. 

When using loose eye shadows, I still use my sticky primer, but I'm finding that beginning with Elf Eyelid Primer makes for smoother surface.

I've got a couple of others to try before making a decision as to whether or not I'll buy this particular one again, but for a few dollars, it's quite a good product :)

Comments

  1. I have been testing out some elf products lately and I'm really loving them! I haven't tried this one yet but it looks good, especially considering the price :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a feeling that I will be buying more Elf products xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Simple Hydrating Cleansing Oil

BH Cosmetics Carli Bybel Deluxe Palette and Giveaway

Love Potion Perfume 2017 Spring Collection and Giveaway